Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Seiko SNK809 (a stupid good bargain at usually around $50 on Amazon) is a great little automatic field watch. I picked one up this week to get some use out of some old parts I had lying around the office form previous mods I had done.

Here it is before and after a Sinn style dial and some Plongeur style hands swapped onto it:

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is another one from earlier this week. Picked up a lightly used SKX171 watch head also to get some use out of existing parts I had. Swapped the stainless steel bezel with one form an SKX007 and a Dagaz insert. Also replaced the crystal with a domed AR coated sapphire and swapped the original chapter ring with a sterile silver version.

Before and after:

·
Watch Freek
2,721 Posts
Looking good I would love to have a go some day. I have not done anything beyond adjusting/changing straps & bracelets.
I am not too confident with anything more.
My biggest challenge to date was putting a steVral adapters and bracelet on my Eco-Zilla.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

Reactions: ganson

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking good I would love to have a go some day. I have not done anything beyond adjusting/changing straps & bracelets.
I am not too confident with anything more.
My biggest challenge to date was putting a steVral adapters and bracelet on my Eco-Zilla.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.
You'd be surprised how easy most of these mods are. I am pretty confident changing most parts out on a Seiko or similar watch (though I still hate putting hands on to this day). As long as you have a few simple tools, and a nice clean well lit space to work, anyone can do it.

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still needs the Crystal Times domed sapphire I bought for it last month, but here is the Turtle with Marine Master hands installed:

I may install the crystal next weekend if I get some time.

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Was never happy with the bezel on my SNE107 & 109.
So a quick swap to a Murphy bezel with a Dagaz insert fixed that.
The bezel on the SNE models is the only thing that ever put me off from those models. The more classic looking Murphy Bezel and SKX style inserts are the perfect fix. Love how yours turned out.

:smileyface_hand_cla

·
Watch Freek
920 Posts
hardly qualifies as a mod since you cant see it, but I have a Seiko SKZ251 with the original 7S26 movement replaced with the hacking and winding 4R36A movement. the stem had to be replaced as well.
still has original dial which says 23 jewels though. maybe that will be next on my list.

·
Administrator
11,594 Posts
Here is the beginning of one of my latest. The base was a SRP777 and has been now DLC coated. It will soon have a new dial, hands and crystal...hopefully this will be finished in the next week and I will post when I get it finished.

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ninja Turtle!

Turned out great Mark.
:smileyface_hand_cla

Here is the beginning of one of my latest. The base was a SRP777 and has been now DLC coated. It will soon have a new dial, hands and crystal...hopefully this will be finished in the next week and I will post when I get it finished.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.