Watch Freeks banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Not the conventional watch ideas...I don't know, maybe I'm not savvy enough with the watches out in the world yet, but how about a digital watch with a skeleton dial? Or a quartz watch that includes a tourbillon that's not functional and is only there for kicks?

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I like the idea of a watch with interchangeable parts that a user can do themselves. Not just straps, but bezels, case backs, maybe even dials and hands......Certainly a challenge but it might be cool....Users could buy the base watch and as many interchangeable parts as they like. It would be like making your own mods.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Interchangeable hands might not be a possibility because opening up the case would destroy the water resistance that the crystal and case provides. Plus a bunch of people might not be happy if a product that's meant to be opened breaks because they don't really know what they're doing and end up returning a broken watch and demanding their money back lol. Straps and bezels I can and have seen.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Felix wrote:
Interchangeable hands might not be a possibility because opening up the case would destroy the water resistance that the crystal and case provides. Plus a bunch of people might not be happy if a product that's meant to be opened breaks because they don't really know what they're doing and end up returning a broken watch and demanding their money back lol. Straps and bezels I can and have seen.
There was a watch (maybe Rotary) that I saw a while back that had a module that you cold rotate or turnover and it was two different watch faces, one on each side thus giving you two watches in one. I think there are things that can be done, maybe not hand changes, if somebody thinks out of the box. I'll bet a smart engineer can create a watch with a changeable module that is like a movement that can be inserted into a case and preserve the WR of the unit.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
imported post

Felix wrote:
Not the conventional watch ideas...I don't know, maybe I'm not savvy enough with the watches out in the world yet, but how about a digital watch with a skeleton dial? Or a quartz watch that includes a tourbillon that's not functional and is only there for kicks?
Yo!"Get tha Feel"!!! Reading this one post,it looks as if you are"savvy" enough. Sometimes we could all do with a new set of eyes observing the situation. Looks like you're a natural. If one can think it, it can be made. A while back two brothers flew an airplane,round seventy years later a man walked on the moon. It's all about how much to make it and will people buy it. You have a great person to go to for that one.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Alright, I got an idea in mind: the outer rim of the dial has tiny gear-like teeth, and instead of a seconds hand, a very small gear rotates around the dial instead! I think that'd be awesome.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Man...I have tons of ideas for cool looking watches....but most would cost way more than I could think about. How about something easier Felix....like a Apocalypse XT auto chronograph...skeletonized!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.