Forum Rules - Please Read and Familiarize Yourself With All Rules Prior to Posting!
WATCHFREEKS.COM IS A FAN FORUM FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE WATCHES.
This entire site was created to have a truly unbiased watch forum where members can feel free to talk about any watch they want, regardless of brand or cost. ALL brands are welcome on Watch Freeks, including homage watches. The only exception is replicas. Whatever your passion may be- let's talk about watches, share information and have a good time.
GENERAL SITE INFO/RULES
ANY HARASSMENT OR TAUNTING OF A MODERATOR OR ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF IS PROHIBITED. THEY RUN THIS SITE AND IF THEY SAY TO DO SOMETHING ...DO IT! IF A MEMBER CONTINUES TO CHALLENGE A STAFF MEMBER THEY WILL BE BANNED FROM THE FORUM, IT'S SIMPLE AS THAT. WE ARE HERE TO HELP AND WILL NOT PUT UP WITH NONSENSE. IT IS NOT A RIGHT TO BE A MEMBER OF THIS GREAT COMMUNITY, SO DO NOT TREAT IT WITH DISRESPECT!
We are all adults here, so let’s act in the same manner. Your opinions are welcome, but let’s respect one another. As this is "an online forum and community", everything starts and ends with how we word our posts, threads, and responses. If a member posts a watch and another member says "that brand sucks" .... well that's not respectful. But if a member says: "very nice, but not my cup of tea", that is acceptable. You get the idea.
There shall be no bashing. It is not called for - period. When a member bashes a certain brand or watch, keep in mind that other members might own that brand and enjoy it. Basically if you don't have anything nice to say, simply don't say anything.
Your opinions, experience, and history are greatly appreciated and are always welcome. Just please remain respectful at all times and there will not be a problem.
Topics about religion or politics are not allowed. Any threads with this type of subject matter will be locked or deleted. No religious or political phrases or comments or images are allowed in signatures either.
We do not allow discussions about what happens on other watch forums. This applies to all other watch forums. We do not allow pointless bashing of individuals associated with other watch forums or sites. We reserve the right to edit, remove, or delete any content we feel is detrimental to the Watch Freeks site.
Always ASK a moderator or administrator if you have any questions about the rules. Send a quick Private Message and you will receive an answer as quickly as possible.
THESE FORUMS ARE FOR PEOPLE WHO ENJOY AND LOVE COLLECTING WATCHES! PLEASE READ ALL OF THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE POSTING.
General Account Rules
· Members may have only ONE account at a time.
- If a member is found to have multiple accounts, one or more will be deleted and, at the discretion of the moderators, the member may be banned.
· The staff of this site will never ask you for direct personal information like your name, address, or financial account info. (There may be donation buttons on this site or Paypal buttons for advertising, but those features will take you to other secure sites where payments are made safely).
· If anyone asks you for this type of information please immediately report this to a board Admin / moderator.
· There is NO mention of other watch sites or watch related forums on this site without approval. Other watch sites may be mentioned but only if it is for information or source purposes. Moderators may, at their discretion, edit and/or remove discussion/links to other watch or watch related sites which they deem as unsuitable.
· No posting of links to other watch forums/blogs or soliciting members to join other watch forums. Direct recruitment of WatchFreeks members through the WatchFreeks forum will result in enforcement actions, including being permanently banned from the forum.
· Posting of photos that include links to other watch websites may be permitted under certain circumstances but not to sites that contain replica watches.
· No posting of links to crowd funding site campaigns without the consent of a member of the WatchFreeks administrative team. These types of posts are only otherwise allowed after the new member has complied with the same rules as are outlined in the Sales section rules for watch sales, no other exceptions will be allowed. We are a watch forum, first and foremost and not a sales marketing tool for crowd funding, like Kickstarter or Indiegogo.
· Posting of links to YouTube Channels may be permitted on the condition that it is not a channel that contains replica watches, political, religious or any other obscene content.
· No posting of links to company websites by watch or strap companies without the consent of a WatchFreeks administrator. We expect all members, even watch and strap companies to participate in all conversations, not just conversations which promote their products. No exceptions will apply.
· Posting of links to watch reviews on non-watch forums may be permitted. Moderators may, at their discretion, edit and/or remove links which they deem as unsuitable. No links to replica watch reviews will be permitted
· WatchFreeks will never give out your email address to anyone.
· You have the ability to make your email private/hidden in your User Control Panel.
· WatchFreeks will from time to time send out announcements and forum related news via email.
* You can choose to opt in or out of receiving these emails using the options in you User Control Panel.
· We DO NOT delete accounts. You can choose to no longer visit the site, but we DO NOT delete accounts. It creates issues with existing posts / threads. It potentially allows someone else to use your member name at a later date. We DO NOT delete accounts (or the posts associated with them)
· The current maximum avatar size is 150 by 150 pixels. Animated avatars are permitted.
· Avatars may not contain nudity, profanity, drugs, gore, swearing, offensive or hate speech including racial slurs or elements, political or religious statements or images, nor anything the staff deems to be offensive.
· The staff will remove any avatars at its discretion and the member will receive a warning. Multiple warnings will lead to an avatar being eliminated or the member being removed from the site.
· 255 Characters max.
· NO LINKS TO OTHER WATCH SITES or WATCH RELATED FORUMS/BLOGS without prior approval
· NO LINKS TO ANY watch company or Watch Sales Sites without permission (see Vendor Info below)
· Maximum font size is 2.
· Three (3) links max allowed.
· Maximum banner size should be no larger than 468 by 60 pixels
· Maximum image size in a signature should be no larger than 300 pixels high and 468 pixels wide.
· Only one image allowed at a time (one banner or one image as per the sizes mentioned above). Do not stack multiple images at one time.
· We reserve the right to remove any signature image or text at any time if we feel it is inappropriate or does not follow the forum rules.
· No profanity, nudity, swearing, racial slurs or elements; or anything the staff considers offensive will be allowed in signatures. Offensive content will be edited or removed without notice.
· We reserve the right, and without explanation, to not allow other web sites to advertise their sites anywhere on this site, including signatures.
Additional Site Wide URL / Link Rules
· NO posting of active hyperlinks to websites in SIGNATURES or THREADS to ANY Watch or Watch Accessory or Watch Repair business or any other type of watch related retail selling site without prior approval from Admin/moderators. This is for the protection of our membership and strictly forbidden.
· The Administrators of this site reserve the right, and without explanation, to not allow other websites (any) to be posted or advertised anywhere on this site, including posts, threads, and signatures, etc at their sole discretion.
· In general no other mention of other forums, Facebook fan pages or other non-WatchFreeks related social media accounts is permitted without approval from the moderators of the site.
Sales rules can be found here:
At Watch Freeks we have 2 sections where you can list your watches either for SALE , WTB or TRADE. Our rules are pretty simple and straight forward. GENERAL SALES FORUM POSTING RULES: 1) You must have at least 75 POSTS and been a member for more than 60 DAYS on this site before you can make...
Additional Posting Rules:
· Any personal attacks or harassment will not be tolerated in any form, suggestion, or manner. It will immediately be moderated and the member warned. We do not allow fighting between members or the use of any threatening words.
· Individual forums on this site may have different rules. Make sure to read the rules for each section before posting.
· English language only.
· No posting of links to other watch forums or soliciting members to join other watch forums
· No soliciting or spamming other members through new threads or posts without approval from the admin of the site.
· We do not endorse replica watches in any way. However, discussions about replica watches are allowed on Watch Freeks but only for the purpose of helping members to recognize the real thing from a replica, or to clarify questions or queries that members may have in this regard. Moderators shall have sole discretion as to what may be permitted
· Watch dealers are forbidden to phish or shill in any manner. We are a forum of enthusiasts, so if your only intent is to draw business from our forum, become a Vendor member. If you continuously shill, we will ban you from the forum.
In addition to the above, the following types of content are expressly prohibited:
NSFW (Not Safe For Work) Content
This includes, but is not limited to, posting of text, images or links to images or sites that contain:
- Sexual acts, nudity / partial nudity, underwear / swimwear images, sexually provocative images, discussions or advice about sex, etc.
- Offensive or hate speech of any kind (racial, gender, religious, sexual preference / orientation or other)
- Crude or indecent language, whether aimed at members of this forum or not
- Adult themed stories or jokes
- Links to external websites that specifically contain adult or offensive content
Examples include, but are not limited to: anything that contains content of a sexual or provocative nature, images, animations, cartoons, emoticons, gore (animal or human), drug usage, animals procreating, human or animal waste, profanity in images, violence, sex dolls/toys, genitalia (human/animal), animal cruelty, etc.
Other Taboo Subjects
There are also a few taboo subjects that should never be discussed on this forum, as they may create unnecessary animosity between members. These taboo subjects include:
- Racial or Culturally divisive topics
If you see another member posting anything that goes against these rules, please report the thread as soon as possible.
Any such content will be removed and warnings and/or bans will be given out to those posting such content, depending on the severity of the content or to those that continue to post prohibited content after specifically being warned not to do so.
Private Messages Rules
· Absolutely no soliciting or spamming other members through Private Messages will be allowed. This is incredibly offensive and rude and we will not tolerate it. If another member sends you Private Message spam please immediately forward this to a site moderator.
· No posting of links to other watch forums or soliciting members to join other watch forums. Direct recruitment of watch freeks members through the watch freeks forum will result in enforcement actions, including being permanantly banned from the forum.
· Absolutely no threats of violence or discussions of off line violence are allowed. This will be dealt with seriously and may, athe discretion of the moderators, result in a member being banned or removed.
Customer Service Questions
THE FORUM OWNERS, STAFF, OR MODERATORS DO NOT WORK FOR ANY WATCH COMPANIES. YOU SHOULD DIRECT ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS DIRECTLY TO THE MANUFACTURERS OR THE SALES LOCATION YOU PURCHASED YOUR WATCH AT.
We hope you remain a member of WatchFreeks for the rest of your life. But in the event you choose to leave the site we will wish you the very best of luck in whatever direction your life leads you. We do not delete member accounts and/or posts.
VENDOR RULES / ADVERTISING
· Watch Freeks does allow participation from some vendors that are associated with the watch industry (brand owners, strap makers, watch accessory companies, other watch related blogs/sites, etc). To include a link to your site you MUST HAVE PRIOR APPROVAL FROM THE SITE ADMIN.
· For certain approved vendors we will adjust your membership to have "Vendor" status.
· Once approved: this will include a different color for your member name to denote the "Vendor" status to other members.
· Once approved: this will include the ability to include links or banners in your signature
· All Links and banner MUST be approved in advance by site admin / moderators
· We expect the approved "Vendor" accounts on this site to participate on the site and in the normal threads like all other members and not only post links to product sales. If you are ONLY posting product sale posts your Vendor Status will be removed.
· Any / All unauthorized links will be removed and posting / signature privileges limited.
· NO LINKS IN SIGNATURES OR POSTS WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL FROM SITE ADMIN OR MODERATORS
· No posting of links to other watch forums or soliciting members to join other watch forums
· Watch Freeks reserves the right to remove "Vendor" status and limit posting abilities at any time to any vendor not following the site rules.
Site wide Advertising Opportunities (Banners, Text Links, Sponsorships, Dedicated Vendor Sections, etc) ARE available. Please contact us at [email protected]
for more details about advertising on this site.
Watch Freeks Administrators reserve the right to modify or change these rules at any time. WatchFreeks also reserves the right to moderate any situation without explanation.
Do not argue or confront any member of the moderator or administrative team. By doing so could result in a temporary or permanent ban from WatchFreeks.com.
Last update: June 12, 2021