Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to receive a Knighthood shortly, and would like to make sure I am wearing the correct watch for the occasion. I have got it down to two, and would like your advice. The first being Hamilton Khaki King in champagne. In black it would never be suitable, however in this colour I believe it far more dressy. My second choice is a vintage Cortebert, finished in gold, and ooooozes class. I should mention that if the Cortebert is chosen I will change the strap for the big day

Super Moderator
Well, first of all I guess a GIANT congratulations are in order
Mrs. Wiggles ! 馃く Can you maybe tell us a little more about
the whole story behind this sir? 馃槂

Holy cow, it sounds extraordinary to me, and you must be
ecstatic I bet. Seriously, you might need to enjoy both of
these marvels for the special day to tell the truth. (y)(y)
As usual it all depends on what you like the most, and what
you think is best for the occasion. However, it does look
like you said the Hamilton was your first choice MW. So I
don't know what to tell you to do. Although I would say to
just go with your heart.

If you can, or want, please tell us more about this, and keep
us updated on everything. Really is amazing to hear. Thank
you so much for sharing, and BIG congratulations again !!!

Registered
Wow, excellent! Congrat!

Am I correct in assuming this is black tie? If so, the Cort茅bert....

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, excellent! Congrat!

Am I correct in assuming this is black tie? If so, the Cort茅bert....
I only said I hope to get one, not expect to get one. To be honest, there is no reason why I should get one, other than being a really nice bloke. That said, it's always wise to be prepared

Registered
"I am hoping to receive a Knighthood shortly" ... "To be honest, there is no reason why I should get one" either way if you'll be in the midst of one receiving Knighthood, I'd rock the Cort, on a different strap, Sire.

Registered
I鈥檓 glad I didn鈥檛 fall for that one....

Reactions: dermouse and Reflex

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I鈥檓 glad I didn鈥檛 fall for that one....
I don't think it was a case of falling for anything. At no stage has the queen told me I am not going to receive a knighthood, so there is good reason to believe I am still in with a chance of getting one. Either way, I need to be prepared, and having the correct watch is important

Registered
馃槃 Well you are a Knight to me Mrs. Wiggles. Or should I say Sir. Wiggles. (y)(y)
As their forum name is Mrs Wiggles, I think the correct term would be Dame, and they would then be known by their first name, ie: Sir Paul, Dame Judy etc. (I confess I do not know the proper ettiquette in this area)

Registered
Not personally but one would have to have very poor taste not to approve of the Hamilton and from what I can tell, the queen has good taste.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Not personally but one would have to have very poor taste not to approve of the Hamilton and from what I can tell, the queen has good taste.
The reason I ask is because hamilton has an American heritage, and I am not sure of her views regarding the ex-colonies ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
I have just ordered a Seagull 1963, and now have to consider it as candidate. Just an update, the Queen still hasn't written to me informing me I am NOT to receive a knighthood, so it could still be on !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts