Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Yes I was wondering how difficult is it to change a crystal in a watch I have a fossil watch I need to change the crystal in. thanks Shawn

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
imported post

It is fairly simple. You will need to take the movement out of the watch,remove the old crystal/gasket, insert a new crystal/gasket (a case press helps with this), add a new caseback crystal and close up the caseback securely.

·
Registered
424 Posts
imported post

ofrei.com has a lot of stuff related to this

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
imported post

Why would you even bother doing it yourself unless that's what you know how to do? A watchmaker can do it for about $35 unless you have an expensive sapphire crystal... just sayin' :whatever:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Because I just like building stuff and want to learn how!! Just sayin that's why

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
imported post

moparguy71 wrote:
Because I just like building stuff and want to learn how!! Just sayin that's why
Nothing wrong with that!I guess I'm spoiled. At this point in my life, anything outside of anoil change on my Truck or Bike and Ipreferto pay someone else todo it.
So I take it you got a Mopar... Maybe a '71 Mopar? That would explain the building part :)... feel free to include a pic.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
imported post

moparguy71 wrote:
No dont have a mopar just love mopars and i work for a dodge dealership. :)

Cool. I like just about anything with the "SRT" label on it but never owned one...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts