Watch Freeks banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought some of you might find these photos of some builds that are underway to be of interest. Right now the watchmaker that assembles my Minuteman brands watches is building out Minuteman Fury, Pink Panther, and Sentinel models in his northern Illinois shop.

The Fury is the red dial, Pink Panther pink dial, and Sentinel is the blue dial. The movement is a Miyota 9015.

·
Super Moderator
12,854 Posts
Hey cool Thomas, those look just awesome from here ! :thumb::thumb: :rockon:

You know, we really never see pink dials at all. So this is so unique, and ingenious !!! :smileyface_hand_cla
Even the red, along with blue look exceptional, and have this neat gradient sunray
theme that is happening with them sir. You can see the different case finishes will
totally change the feel of each individual watch also there ! ..Wow, and check
out the armada of movements you guys have ! :eek:

Really is remarkable, and so much fun to get a preview of Thomas. Thank you !!!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
The red on that Fury looks stunning I like it, especially with the sunburst effect. Just a personal opinion but I would much prefer fitted end links those straight end links leave too much of a gap.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using a dial up modem.

·
Super Moderator
3,890 Posts
The red on that Fury looks stunning I like it, especially with the sunburst effect. Just a personal opinion but I would much prefer fitted end links those straight end links leave too much of a gap.

Concur. Removing the crown guards would be a plus too

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Yes that's another plus I did not notice with my gaze transfixed on that gap between the case and bracelet. Those crown guards do look odd.
Concur. Removing the crown guards would be a plus too

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

As would I and that was the original plan. However life has a funny way of throwing you a curve.

In the case of the bracelet. My supplier assured me a fitted bracelet was no problem. We made all the cases and case backs. Then we find out the way the case and back where made. There was not way a fitted bracelet would fit. They told me they could remake everything at my expense. Which I was not able to do. So after a lot of thought as I really wanted a fitted bracelet. I decided to use a bracelet with a squared off end. Several samples were ordered and this one as it turned out looked the best. The outer links are polished which matches the polished bezel. While the center is brushed and makes sense as the rest of our case is brushed. When we had ordered a fitted we had spec'ed a brushed bracelet which would not have matched as well. In fact the suppliers we talked with for bracelets said they could not match the finish of the watch case because of the way the brushed finish was done on the case and the way they can do them on a bracelet. I still don't quite understand that but multiple different sources told me that. After also hearing that I realized that even with all the trouble of getting a fitted bracelet it was not ever going to be what I had envisioned for this watch. Which made it easy at that point to make the choice I did. In the end the bracelet also has a more expensive type of buckle than we were going to use.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes that's another plus I did not notice with my gaze transfixed on that gap between the case and bracelet. Those crown guards do look odd.

When you look at one in person it's not as much of a distraction as the photo might make it seem. But there is in fact more of a gap between the crown and the bottom guard than there is at the top.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thought I would share a photo of this now that they are completed. One of the 3 Minuteman Pink Panther watches that exists. Waiting on some white leather straps we ordered for these. My wife and a customer that is getting one decided the metal bracelet would be too heavy. So they both asked for leather and both thought white was the color to go with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts