Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

hey guys, I was choosing a watch to wear this morning when i suddenly thought, do you guys enjoy the boxes that watches come in, or do you just cast it aside and not bother about it? Personally, if a watch comes in a very nice box i keep it in that box, otherwise it goes into a case that holds 6 or 10 etc. Just wondered what you guys think :)

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

All my watches get moved out of their retail boxes (I save them) and into either a storage box or a winder.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
All my watches get moved out of their retail boxes (I save them) and into either a storage box or a winder.

Im liking those swiss Legends!! dont actually own one yet but have been thinking about it, what models are they?? i think the red one is very smart :)

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

This was my SL Commander collection. I was really into them for a long time. I have sold off the White ones (one auto and one three hand quartz). I still have the red auto, black and gold chrono and the yellow and green three hand quartz.

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

When the watch arrives,I'll size it and put all links and documents in the box and store it.The watches get put in display cases.

I end up buying well made watch cases since they are a permanent part of the hobby.

this is the only invicta box thats used as a display.It houses one watch plus straps and jewelery.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

I do as dedward keep the boxes with everything in them and have 3 display cases holding a total of 48 watches and one travel case that holds 4 watches from croton. I have 42 watches.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
This was my SL Commander collection. I was really into them for a long time. I have sold off the White ones (one auto and one three hand quartz). I still have the red auto, black and gold chrono and the yellow and green three hand quartz.
Do you know of any websites that sell the Auto Commanders...? i keep looking at the picture lol, uh oh.. :%

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

dane1991 wrote:
Spaceview wrote:
Do you know of any websites that sell the Auto Commanders...? i keep looking at the picture lol, uh oh.. :%
Try:

http://www.worldofwatches.com/results.asp?searchstring=SWISS LEGEND Commander&bo_brand_id=2295

·
Registered
294 Posts
imported post

I have a 20 watch box that did not fit my larger watches 50+mm.. so I built my own and hung it on the wall to make more room on the dresser for my winders..most here have seen these pic's before..

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Alan;

You should build them and sell them. At the right price I'll beet a bunch of us would be interested.

·
Registered
294 Posts
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
Alan;

You should build them and sell them. At the right price I'll beet a bunch of us would be interested.
Believe me I've been thinking about it... allot of the price depends on the kind of inlay wood being used.... some of the hard woods that I use cost $35-60 a LFT... a 20 watch box could be around $200 & up... a 30 slot box would be in the $300 and a 10 slot box would be in the $100 range.
Once I have a few built of each I will go to TV to talk to him about this. It's not so much about the money (just want to cover my cost's)... it's more about being able to do what I really love.... woodworking..
Thank you all for your interest.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

dane1991 wrote:
Does anybody own one of these watch boxes from invicta??? never seen it before apart from in this picture, i think its really cool :)

I have one Signature Invicta box. Nothing special. Looks better int he picture.

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

lowcal1 wrote:
Spaceview wrote:
Alan;

Believe me I've been thinking about it... allot of the price depends on the kind of inlay wood being used.... some of the hard woods that I use cost $35-60 a LFT... a 20 watch box could be around $200 & up... a 30 slot box would be in the $300 and a 10 slot box would be in the $100 range.
Once I have a few built of each I will go to TV to talk to him about this. It's not so much about the money (just want to cover my cost's)... it's more about being able to do what I really love.... woodworking..
Thank you all for your interest.
I told you that i would LOVE to have you sell those wonderful boxes on this site. Anytime you are ready let's make it happen!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.