• Don't Own a Watch Box

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

In the past 3 days I have been in 3 people's homes who have watch boxes, and my home with my 2 boxes.

In ALL homes the exhibition top of the Watch Box was OPEN and not down/closed. If they would have been down you still would have been able to see the watches through the exhibition tops.

So the box top was open like this

So my question to you is do you keep the exhibition top of your box open or closed normally?

In my case, I leave it open.

Poll above. Discussion below.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I don't have one now, but with my last glass top case . . . the lid was closed at all times (except to take out or return a watch).

I do the same with my 6-slot winder (always closed).

Just a habit . . . reasoning is to keep out dust, etc.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I don't have the typical exhibition box that you show here James. i have the custom Lowcal1 special. I keep it closed. It is designed to hang on a wall, although I don't use it in this fashion.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
imported post

Always closed, unless I'm taking one in or out.

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . . closed and in the mission cabinet or the safe. Winders stay closed as well. Living in the San Joaquin valley . . . dust is a pain inthe everything. I have bought more bearings and filters and such in 10 years here than I did in the 30 years in the Northwest . . .

·
Registered
435 Posts
imported post

Dinner;

You might want to take into account (I can't resist the pun) The Black Box effect. The houses you visited might have opened the boxes in honor to having you visiting !

:c:c

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I always keep my box closed. The only reason I could think of to keep it open is if the box was shallow and the larger watches were hitting the lid when closed.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

so closed seems to be the norm, and it makes sense with the dust factor and kids. Was just strange to see 3 straight homes I was in have open displays.

I have mine close now also, lol

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I have 3 different watches boxes and every one of them is closed. Why leave the top open?? It has a glass lid so you can see the watches inside. When you leave the top open, the watches then get dusty. So, if you don't mind them getting dusty and thus have to clean them before wearing, by all means leave it open. I just choose to keep the lid closed.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

I keep them closed. Beside, my watches are not in an accessable area for people to see.

Number one. They don't need to see.

And, number two. I really don't think they would "get it". :lol

I'm already considered a little wacky, this would just confirm it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
imported post

I tuck my babies in at night and I close the lid. Leaving the lid open and exposing the babies to the cold night air is watch abuse.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.