Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I broke a crown stem on one of my MM's and I am looking for the crown stem and crown or the whole movement including stem and crown. Or is the price is right will also consider a swiss unitas 6497 movement with crown stem and crown. I know I can get an Asian 6497 from one of the HK vendors butI really don't want to wait a month to receive it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Den . . . sorry to hear about the broken stem! :(

If you can salvage the crown, so that it continues to match the case, then here's a movement you can get that will come with a new stem . . . LINK

I submitted an offer of $40 and it was accepted (including shipping). Takes a little while to arrive (2 weeks, max), but I have positive experiences with them. :)

Good luck and I hope you can find just a stem . . . that would be cheaper.

-Rick-

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

WOW thanks Rick I'll give it a look. The crown should be salvageable. thanks again.

I took a look at it but I need one without the small seconds.

Thanks for keeping a look out Rick.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

DenFromNM wrote:
WOW thanks Rick I'll give it a look. The crown should be salvageable. thanks again.

I took a look at it but I need one without the small seconds.

Thanks for keeping a look out Rick.
You can still use that movement . . . you just won't be putting a hand on the small seconds pinion. Instead, the dial covers it up. :)

They only make the movement with the pinion for the second hand, the design dictates whether there's a second hand installed or not, so they either drill a hole in the dial or leave it covered.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I ordered one from the link Rick sent me and I got it for 35 bucks. I just want to thank Rick again for what he has done and offered. thanks again my friend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts