Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am posting this PURELY as a discussion topic and in no way promote the watch at auction . . .

LINK to "Rare" Brand NEW Invicta Subaqua

[pic is from the link]

Ever since my trade for the Reserve SA and the SAII, I have been fascinated about the original SA. There was one listed for sale, last week I believe.

I found the one linked above, while surfing, and really like it!

I can't seeing paying that price (at all), but I think that it's cool to see pics (and a description) of a watch that is very much a part of the Invicta history of innovative, affordable timepieces.

I hope you enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I think it is a very nice looking watch. Is it worth $2000?

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

At this point in my "collecting" I'm not sure if there is any Invicta worth 2K???? Now of course that's all relative, I'm sure there are some that have and would pay that much......:b

CJ

TVDinner wrote:
I think it is a very nice looking watch. Is it worth $2000?

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

Yes, I do want one. Thank you for your generosity. (lol-your title was deceiving) Actually, I do like the watch, but not for $2K- that's a whole 'nother ballpark of watches (if that makes ANY sense at all). Thanks for sharing this, though, Rick!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

BIGtime wrote:
Yes, I do want one. Thank you for your generosity. (lol-your title was deceiving) Actually, I do like the watch, but not for $2K- that's a whole 'nother ballpark of watches (if that makes ANY sense at all). Thanks for sharing this, though, Rick!
:lol Sorry 'bout that! :t

Interesting . . . .

http://www.watchfreeks.com/view_topic.php?id=4313&forum_id=27

I wonder if this is the same watch, or if someone "borrowed" the pics? If it's the same watch . . . the person was asking $800 on another forum!?!?!?

IN ANY EVENT . . .

(for everyone) . . .

THIS WAS NOT about the price, but a chance to see pics of a BRAND NEW, Original Subaqua, and read some info about the executions.:pk

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
(for everyone) . . .

THIS WAS NOT about the price, but a chance to see pics of a BRAND NEW, Original Subaqua, and read some info about the executions.:pk
It is a very cool watch and that listing has a lot of good pictures.

I wonder how low they would go since it is a "best offer" auction.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

I thought that $800 was very fair for this watch. I'd go $1K if my goal was to put it in my collection, and never remove the wrappings. Honestly . . . if my goal was to have a M/NM Original SA in my collection . . . how many good ones are left. $800 for a 7750 isn't a bad price. $1K for a brand new SA is not unreasonable (from a collector's perspective).

I wouldn't pay $1K if I were going to put it on my wrist (which is what I would do). :)

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Rick, some nice Subaquas you've found there Bro. But you my friend, have no worries because you've got the nicest one of'em all!!! Yours with the lume dial has me captivated every time I see it. Yesterday, putting it on was really cool too!!! Love that piece!!!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I also love the looks of this origional SA, especially with the meterorite dial. I can tell you though, there is NO WAY I'll spend $1200 on an Invicta now or ever.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.