Watch Freeks banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was just a matter of time before this happened, but a company in California will take your lowly aluminum or steel cased Apple Watch and plate it in 24k gold for you for only $399.

Personally, I don't care for gold or gold tone jewelry in general, but someone out there will be happy to hear this news.

Of course, this will void your warranty with Apple as expected.

http://www.watchplate.com

Wear the smart watch you want at a price you can afford.

We have nearly a century of combined gold plating experience and a passion for Apple products. It's quick and easy. Place your order and we will automatically email you your prepaid Fedex label. Then simply drop off your Apple watch at FedEx and within 3 business days after we receive it, we will ship it back to you looking like a million bucks (well, more like $10,000).

8,177 Posts
Sigh.... The only gold (plated) watch I owned was a Cartier Tank Vermeil. Solid silver case, heavy gold plated. The best next thing to solid gold. On a croc strap it looked the part. But this? This is for snobs.

Reactions: ganson

· Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sigh.... The only gold (plated) watch I owned was a Cartier Tank Vermeil. Solid silver case, heavy gold plated. The best next thing to solid gold. On a croc strap it looked the part. But this? This is for snobs.

Agreed, but then again, many people do like gold tone watches but are unwilling/unable to fork over $10k+ for the gold Apple Watch Edition. It has it's place, but I think m,any people who will use this service are more interested in people seeing them with what they think is a $10 watch instead of a $800 watch.

8,177 Posts
Agreed, but then again, many people do like gold tone watches but are unwilling/unable to fork over $10k+ for the gold Apple Watch Edition. It has it's place, but I think many people who will use this service are more interested in people seeing them with what they think is a $10 watch instead of a $800 watch.

Like I said, snobs :D Mmmm, that reminds me of certain ehhhhh, look a likes form a certain Swiss brand.

Reactions: ganson

8,177 Posts
I wonder how California Gold layering performs vs. Swiss Gold layering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your looking at it wrong :D

Reactions: #four
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.