Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

We are having our semi Anual board meeting today, and I just walked out. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid it amazes me how in the hell Corp Idiots get there jobs. I am sure I am going to be voted off, as I asked them to not Invite me and to fill my spot with another Corp puppet instead of a realist.

Just Incredible the amount of Spinless jellyFish in Corp America I tell you, no wonder this Country is so F_ck_d up!!!:c

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Haven't those knuckleheads figured out by now that you are a no bull kind of guy?? Apparently not :%:%:%

CJ

RipitRon wrote:
We are having our semi Anual board meeting today, and I just walked out. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid it amazes me how in the hell Corp Idiots get there jobs. I am sure I am going to be voted off, as I asked them to not Invite me and to fill my spot with another Corp puppet instead of a realist.

Just Incredible the amount of Spinless jellyFish in Corp America I tell you, no wonder this Country is so F_ck_d up!!!:c

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Tried the corporate thing for about two weeks many years ago. That was about all I could stand. Just ain't for everybody. Fact is, I never felt comfortable with another "entity" be it a person, boss or corp. holding my fate in their hands. The only person that appreciated me....... was me. It's all a matter of what experiences we encounter, that's why it works for many. I'm not tryin to walk in anyone else's shoes, but it sure ain't for me as I said. One can devote his or her life to their work / job only to wind up with a friendly pat on the back and a severance if their lucky. I've seen it just too many times. JMHO

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/EPrSVkTRb24&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

What I find so Interesting is here you have a Harvard Grad, 6 big college grads, 2 bean Counters, and 1 Engineer and I swear those are some of the single stupidest damned Smart people I have ever met. Somewhere in Corp America, they have decided that a piece of Paper is better then Common Sense. I will gladly rip up my Diploma if I ever turn into a Corp Idiot! WTF is wrong with this country? I have been watching the decision making skills diminish over the years, but I am here to tell you, I have yet too see it this bad. When the focus of your 2010 business plan is documentation, instead of Increasing sales a line has too be drawn. Incredible!!!

Tomorrow will be a interesting day I am sure! I left at 4:15 with a smile on my face, and a middle finger in the air!!! LOL

Suites crack me up!!!

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
imported post

i like to think I am a corporate puppet......a talking head......less pressure that way........who needs freedom of thought.........I want to be a yesman when i grow up..........lol....

·
Registered
512 Posts
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
Tried the corporate thing for about two weeks many years ago. That was about all I could stand. Just ain't for everybody. Fact is, I never felt comfortable with another "entity" be it a person, boss or corp. holding my fate in their hands. The only person that appreciated me....... was me. It's all a matter of what experiences we encounter, that's why it works for many. I'm not tryin to walk in anyone else's shoes, but it sure ain't for me as I said. One can devote his or her life to their work / job only to wind up with a friendly pat on the back and a severance if their lucky. I've seen it just too many times. JMHO
But sometimes they give you a WATCH!!!! :)

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I've worked corporate before, but now I work for the public and sometimes I don't know which is worse. I find confrontation happens both in the private sector and the public sector. I just try and make the best out of everything. Sometimes I give a little and take a little.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Re-enactment

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Best of luck, Rip!

In this economy, most employers don't think people will stand up for themselves because of the high unemployment numbers. If you have options and don't need to take the bull, more power to ya!

David

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

Here is the good thing, I hope I never have too use this option. Worst case scenario, I get the boot and go on Unemployment.....Gina makes $150K a year I dont have to make much money to live!

argabright wrote:
Best of luck, Rip!

In this economy, most employers don't think people will stand up for themselves because of the high unemployment numbers. If you have options and don't need to take the bull, more power to ya!

David

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I can't even begin to tell you how screwed up the ownership is at my place. They think that everyone should just be happy they have jobs and have cut out raises, bonuses, Christmas parties and just about every other little perk we had. The problem is that we have NOT been hit by the bad economy. We had a very good 2008 and just as good 2009. The Staff knows this and they know that ownership is just using the economy as an excuse to line their pockets at the cost of the little guys. I wish I could walk but at my age and with two kids in college I really can't afford to be unemployed at this time.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Here is the good thing, I hope I never have too use this option. Worst case scenario, I get the boot and go on Unemployment.....Gina makes $150K a year I dont have to make much money to live!

argabright wrote:
Best of luck, Rip!

David
That's almost as good as Conan's deal:lol

Good luck and best regards , Man!

David

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
I can't even begin to tell you how screwed up the ownership is at my place. They think that everyone should just be happy they have jobs and have cut out raises, bonuses, Christmas parties and just about every other little perk we had. The problem is that we have NOT been hit by the bad economy. We had a very good 2008 and just as good 2009. The Staff knows this and they know that ownership is just using the economy as an excuse to line their pockets at the cost of the little guys. I wish I could walk but at my age and with two kids in college I really can't afford to be unemployed at this time.
Marc,

That is exactly what my agency is doing to all of the Officers. They are crying about having no money so we get the pay cuts and then they go out and build another sports arena with public money. AMAZING I tell you. We're all starving and they are still building things that aren't needed.:madd:madd:madd:madd:madd

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.