Watch Freeks banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
So you gonna trade me or what ?
Here's the same Watch Maker checking out the same model "Radio Room" Amphibia, this watch tested waterproof to 60 meters, while your beloved Invicta didn't. Think of Vostok as a better made watch than an Invicta at half the price!

Registered
I'm sure the Invicta he tested was not exactly top of the line. And most of them don't cost anymore than a Vostok anyway. And they are far from being my favorite watches in my boxes. Just happen to be wearing one today. You see, a guy like this purported watchmaker/Vostok fanboi always needs a fall guy to make your favorite watch look good.
Please tell me you're not so naive to believe all this internet BS. :poop: if they were as great as you think they are. They wouldn't cost $69...
I was just, as you would say, plucking your strings.
Have fun playing with your multi-colored toys. :rolleyes:
I'll be a moving on down the road now. 馃槅

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
I'm sure the Invicta he tested was not exactly top of the line. And most of them don't cost anymore than a Vostok anyway. And they are far from being my favorite watches in my boxes. Just happen to be wearing one today. You see, a guy like this purported watchmaker/Vostok fanboi always needs a fall guy to make your favorite watch look good.
Please tell me you're not so naive to believe all this internet BS. :poop: if they were as great as you think they are. They wouldn't cost $69...
I was just, as you would say, plucking your strings.
Have fun playing with your multi-colored toys. :rolleyes:
I'll be a moving on down the road now. 馃槅

He's a Vostok fanboi because he's a Watchmaker and he appreciates a well made watch, especially for that price.

If you checked his youtube video library you would see he reviews a myriad of high end watches as well.

So far I would put one of these Komadirskies on par for fit and finish and the movement as well, as my Clycine only plus for the ETA in the Glycine is it hacks and has a quick set date adjust. Bezel on the Glycine is better because it isn't friction controlled, other than that, the Vosok going for 1/10th the retail suggested price for a Glycine, it's a no brainer for me, besides the flat washed out looking dials on the Glycine suck as well!

Registered
Yes, and yes, watch this video for all the details.

It's a good video. Looks like a good watch overall but I must say the bezel surprises me. Thanks for sharing.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
It's a good video. Looks like a good watch overall but I must say the bezel surprises me. Thanks for sharing.
Bezel was designed that way also, after you get below 10 feet underwater the pressure stops the bezel from turning, and a ratcheting one could easily be knocked out of place, and this one not.

Reactions: rh747m

Registered
I've enjoyed the spirited discussions back and forth on Vostok watches :D . Didn't know anything about these watches until a few weeks ago. Since I don't have a Russian watch in my collection yet, I may have to order one of these and judge for myself. Way I see it.......even if I don't like it, I'm not out a lot of money. (y)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts