Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soviet Hulk has arrived and I’m impressed.

41mm case, 20m lug to lug 15mm height of which at least 2mm is the domed acrylic crystal.

Came in plain cardboard box with just the papers, all the plastic wrap and stickers were all on it so it appears to not be a return.

The bracelet which is on par with a lower end Invicta isn’t bad and fits my 8” wrist perfectly without adjustment.

The watch wears extremely comfortable and the dial and bezel just pop. I opted for the No-Date model since there is no true quick adjust for their date wheels.

For $90 this watch is just as nice as my Seiko 5’s and even some of the Micro Brands looks-wise.

The 31 jewel automatic movement and winds, but doesn’t hack, I would rate it right up there with the movement in the Seiko 007 models as far as durability and reliability, maybe better since it has a 10-year service interval.

I’m very happy, just waiting on the Yellow Dial, Blue Dial, and the Red dial to arrive as well. I ordered the Red and Blue from Sovietmarket.com both for $155 delivered, supposedly from UPS.

Soviet Hulk1 by Charles Ford, on Flickr

Soviet Hulk2 by Charles Ford, on Flickr

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
385 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts
Holy cowza, this really got to you fast Chaz, and beat even the yellow
version to your door ! 😵😮 Looks fantastic ! (y)(y) ..Just this neat
green couldn't be cooler, and looks to be terrific. It really does deserve
that Hulk name, and looks to be the nicest of greens. Beautiful sir, and
how about the bracelet working too?! Usually those have to be taken
off because they don't fit, or are too flimsy right?! Very cool news !!!

Honestly looks great no matter how you slice it, and love it on this
strap of yours' also. 😎 Oh, and what's great too, is if you like this
one, am thinking the others on the way will be a hit too ! 😀

A BIG mean green congrats on this !!!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy cowza, this really got to you fast Chaz, and beat even the yellow
version to your door ! 😵😮 Looks fantastic ! (y)(y) ..Just this neat
green couldn't be cooler, and looks to be terrific. It really does deserve
that Hulk name, and looks to be the nicest of greens. Beautiful sir, and
how about the bracelet working too?! Usually those have to be taken
off because they don't fit, or are too flimsy right?! Very cool news !!!

Honestly looks great no matter how you slice it, and love it on this
strap of yours' also. 😎 Oh, and what's great too, is if you like this
one, am thinking the others on the way will be a hit too ! 😀

A BIG mean green congrats on this !!!
Looks nice on Barton quick release leather as well. Have about 6 more Barton straps on the way, since I was limited in 20mm ones. The Blue and Red dial are arriving tomorrow I think, the Yellow is still lost in the woods in Siberia I think??

The delivered price for the Red and the Blue is $155 combined, can't beat that with a stick, and these are really, really quality watches, Greenie is running at +8 for the first 24 hours.

20200722_092443_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr

Reactions: rh747m

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Nice strap... Jury's still out on the watch. ;) Still don't know what you see in these things that makes you want 10 of them. Unless your Social Security ran out.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Looks nice on Barton quick release leather as well. Have about 6 more Barton straps on the way, since I was limited in 20mm ones. The Blue and Red dial are arriving tomorrow I think, the Yellow is still lost in the woods in Siberia I think??

The delivered price for the Red and the Blue is $155 combined, can't beat that with a stick, and these are really, really quality watches, Greenie is running at +8 for the first 24 hours.

Is it 200M water resistance? Does the crown seal well?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Is it 200M water resistance? Does the crown seal well?
Uh-oh... Here comes the rah-rah built from the ground up speech with the ringed seal case back that Bulova was doing in 1960. Finely machined 🤣 31 ruby/kamehb non hacking movements, no quick set dates, crowns that feel like they're gonna fall off in your hand and cheap acrylic crystal's that can be fixed with Polycase daily. Water resistance that is 50/50 washing the dishes... All that, for a mere $69.99 and a month and a half wait to get through customs from Mother Russia.
Chaz is just going through a phase. They'll be in a shoe box next to his Invicta's before long. Pay no attention to the propaganda. I have ONE, that runs about +35 sec a day. But every one that Chaz gets runs COSC. Go figure...😆

·
Registered
385 Posts
Uh-oh... Here comes the rah-rah built from the ground up speech with the ringed seal case back that Bulova was doing in 1960. Finely machined 🤣 31 ruby/kamehb non hacking movements, no quick set dates, crowns that feel like they're gonna fall off in your hand and cheap acrylic crystal's that can be fixed with Polycase daily. Water resistance that is 50/50 washing the dishes... All that, for a mere $69.99 and a month and a half wait to get through customs from Mother Russia.
Chaz is just going through a phase. They'll be in a shoe box next to his Invicta's before long. Pay no attention to the propaganda. I have ONE, that runs about +35 sec a day. But every one that Chaz gets runs COSC. Go figure...😆
Lol 😂🤣

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts

Really does look nice Chaz ! 😎😉 It helps play off the more
elegant side of the watch, and gives you this extra cool vibe.
Love the stitching, as well as how it almost points you towards
the beautiful lugs. Along with plays off the straightened sides
of the case ! 😀

Wow, and having a fleet of Bartons ready for the armada of
incomings is just phenomenal. You knew those would come
in handy right?! 😄

Seriously are some really impressive watches inside, and
out, that is for sure sir. Hope you really enjoy !!!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Those watches don't deserve Barton's... They deserve the thinnest nylon NATO's and or the pot metal bracelets they come on. That strap is worth as much as the watch. 😆 A waste of a good strap...

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those watches don't deserve Barton's... They deserve the thinnest nylon NATO's and or the pot metal bracelets they come on. That strap is worth as much as the watch. 😆 A waste of a good strap...
As per usual you don't have a clue to Vostoks, the model Komandirskie I have is all stainless steel, no pot metal, no chrome plating. The movement is a automatic/handwinding 31 jewel inhouse movement that is bullet proof, has a 10 year service interval. The case is a true Compessor case, both case back and Acrylic crystal. 200m WR.

The watch in fit and finish is right up their with your beloved Glycines, how do I know, I own/have owned several Glycines. The only, and I mean only plus my Glycine has of the Komandirskie is the Glycine hacks.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

Very humorous, what model Vostok do you have, when did the model first come out? I have had my Scuba Dude going on a year now and have had to use Polywatch once on it, the other three Amphibias haven't had to use it at all. The Acrylic Crystal I believe is over 1mm thick, and is not "Cheap'!

If you had a clue to the design of the Vostok, you would know why the crown is wobbly, it was designed that way for a purpose. I have 5 Vostoks now and all run within +10 or under. As far as waiting a month for delivery, well I ordered the Blue and Red dial from Sovietmarket.com little over a week and a half ago from Russia, and they are being delivered tomorrow by UPS. The Yellow dial which was ordered from a different many, well that is still in Siberia I think, pick the right deal and you will be all right, Soviet Market was lesser in price, $65 normal shipping another $23 for both watches coming UPS.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Go easy on him Forza, they're still good for around the pool ;)

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Go easy on him Forza, they're still good for around the pool ;)
Yeah, as long as they're not in the pool... 10 of them. Really. I think he's gone off the reservation. Could have bought a couple of real watches for what he spent on that junk.
I bought mine because I have Russian relatives. Thought it would be neat when we got together as they speak Russian and English. So when we did, I asked one of them to read the Cyrillic on the case back. He raised up his arm and showed me his Seiko and said "Peeece ovvv sheet". I almost pissed myself. 🤣
Here it is Chaz... In all of its cheap NATO glory. I'll trade you for your Longines Legend Diver. Since you don't seem to be interested in real watches anymore.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's on the internet. So it has to be true right ? You need to stay off that YouTube crap dude. It's poisoning your brain.

This guy is a Watchmaker by profession, he reviews and dissects many different watches, including your beloved Invictas, that one he pressured tested and it blew up, talk about praising marginally made watches?

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, as long as they're not in the pool... 10 of them. Really. I think he's gone off the reservation. Could have bought a couple of real watches for what he spent on that junk.
I bought mine because I have Russian relatives. Thought it would be neat when we got together as they speak Russian and English. So when we did, I asked one of them to read the Cyrillic on the case back. He raised up his arm and showed me his Seiko and said "Peeece ovvv sheet". I almost pissed myself. 🤣
Here it is Chaz... In all of its cheap NATO glory. I'll trade you for your Longines Legend Diver. Since you don't seem to be interested in real watches anymore.

Most Russians like to show off their watches, so showing off a native brand isn't their style, that doesn't mean the watch is really crap.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts