Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My latest two Vostok Komandarskies arrived just now, straight from Russia UPS delivery, sent by Sovietmarket.com

May I present what I call the Soviet Smurf and the Moscow Red.

Both of these watches came in the original plastic boxes, all plastic protection stickers affixed to the dial and the case backs.

The Blue dial isn’t as vibrant in person as it is in photos, more subdued, which I like, the Red dial is exactly the way it looks in person, striking!

Put both watches under a jewelers loupe and could find no blemishes, dirt or metal shavings.

Both watches wound and set very easily. The Bezel can be turned left or right and is a friction controlled, all three I have are not loosey goosey and pressure my be applied to turn them, they work just fine.

I wasn’t over excited about the bracelet on the green dial I purchased so I ordered these two on a Nato and a Rubber strap. I was shocked to see how high quality they both were, the Nato Was a step above what is run of the mill Natos, with better hardware and they appear to be “seatbelt” woven.

The rubber strap is thick and heavy, yet very pliable, rivals almost exactly the Rubber Strap that came on my Glycine Combat Sub.

Once again, I am very impressed with these watches and brand

20200723_135531_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr

20200723_135726_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr

20200723_140950_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr

20200723_140940_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr

20200723_140905_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr

Reactions: rh747m

·
Registered
385 Posts
My latest two Vostok Komandarskies arrived just now, straight from Russia UPS delivery, sent by Sovietmarket.com

Both of these watches came in the original plastic boxes, all plastic protection stickers affixed to the dial and the case backs.

The Blue dial isn’t as vibrant in person as it is in photos, more subdued, which I like, the Red dial is exactly the way it looks in person, striking!

Put both watches under a jewelers loupe and could find no blemishes, dirt or metal shavings.

Both watches wound and set very easily. The Bezel can be turned left or right and is a friction controlled, all three I have are not loosey goosey and pressure my be applied to turn them, they work just fine.

I wasn’t over excited about the bracelet on the green dial I purchased so I ordered these two on a Nato and a Rubber strap. I was shocked to see how high quality they both were, the Nato Was a step above what is run of the mill Natos, with better hardware and they appear to be “seatbelt” woven.

The rubber strap is thick and heavy, yet very pliable, rivals almost exactly the Rubber Strap that came on my Glycine Combat Sub.

Very nice looking watches! (y)

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts
Yeah, have to second what Rob said Chaz, these are very nice !! 😯😯
I swear every time you show a new version, it shows why you wanted
to add it to the collection ! (y)(y) I mean every variation seems like it
could be the best honestly. First we saw the yellow, and thought that
was exceptional, then the green, and were amazed. Now the red, and
blue, and are stunned ! 😲Plus we actually haven't even seen that
yellow in person yet, so the grand finale may be yet to come.

Think these are just phenomenal, and the quality for the price really
does seem of this world by the way. Terrific choice with the straps too !
Dynamic double dueling congrats there Chaz !!!

·
Registered
385 Posts

I went to sovietmarket.com to take a closer look at these. I'm more interested in the blue version but I don't understand why the blue would be 50m while the other colors are 200m. Doesn't make sense to me if everything is identical with the exception of color. Maybe it's a typo?

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to sovietmarket.com to take a closer look at these. I'm more interested in the blue version but I don't understand why the blue would be 50m while the other colors are 200m. Doesn't make sense to me if everything is identical with the exception of color. Maybe it's a typo?
Typo, they are the same exact case, movement and crystals, the only differences are the dial and bezel colors, and last time I checked, color doesn't effect WR 😁

Reactions: rh747m

·
Registered
385 Posts
Typo, they are the same exact case, movement and crystals, the only differences are the dial and bezel colors, and last time I checked, color doesn't effect WR 😁
Funny thing. I sent them an email asking about the WR (50m vs 200m). They said of course it's 100m WR. I give up!! :D:eek:

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Typically all Vostok Amphibias are 200m WR while Vostok Komandirskies are 100m. I've never seen either with 50m WR... Yet I do own one Komandirskie that is 200m WR:

So, what do I know?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Typically all Vostok Amphobias are 200m WR while Vostok Komandirskies are 100m. I've never seen either with 50m WR... Yet I do own one Komandirskie that is 200m WR:

So, what do I know?
Oh WOW I really like this one you have......I wonder if they still sell this model? Where did you order it from?

All the Komandirskies I looked at last night were marketed as 200m with the exception of the blue that was 50m. How would one know for sure before they order from Russia? Do they all have WR ratings imprinted on the back cases?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Oh WOW I really like this one you have......I wonder if they still sell this model? Where did you order it from?

All the Komandirskies I looked at last night were marketed as 200m with the exception of the blue that was 50m. How would one know for sure before they order from Russia? Do they all have WR ratings imprinted on the back cases?
I can only speak from experience but every Vostok I’ve owned, yes, has the WR stamped on the caseback. I’ve had 5 or 6. Two Komandarskies. But I’ve never seen an Amphibia or Komandarskie with 50m WR so, shows what I know.
Oh and I think I got this one on eBay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts