Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://meranom.com/

Seem to be very reasonably priced compared to other options. They also sell a lot of replacement parts for many of their watches.

They lines would include: Vostok, Vostok-Europe, Amphibian SE, Amphibian Classic, Komandirskie Classic, Afibia, Komandirksie.

I ran across this in my search for a 24-hour purist movement and other parts necessary to make my own watch... that is for another post, however.

And, because I know how much Pictures are appreciated, I really liked this one:

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I was going to snag a Amphibia "710" Scubaguy off of the Bay, but their price is a little better than the seller I was looking at.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting this. I was going to snag a Amphibia "710" Scubaguy off of the Bay, but their price is a little better than the seller I was looking at.
No problem! Not many Russian watch fans it seems, nor good supply lines to the states. From my reading lately it really appears the Russian manufactures are greatly improving quality. In particular,
Raketa.
See this:
http://www.raketa.com/raketa-avtomat-vs-eta-2824/
&
http://www.raketa.com/uzel-balansa/

Granted these are from Raketa themselves and obviously bias, and still mark progress, IMO.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jut ordered a "Scubadude". We'll see how it turns out.

I'm really curious to see the watch quality, and the movement quality. Been playing around with the idea of, and researching the logistic of, making my own watch and there are very few 24-hour movement options out there. I could get almost all I need from this site, but would need to customize my own dial. Not sure I'm ready for all that just yet.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
FunkDaLicious:
I have a Scuba Dude on order (22 Jun) from the "Zon". Anticipated shipping time,
according to amazon, is between 8 and 12 days. It's been 21 days so far.
My son living in Finland often sends items that take 3 weeks to arrive, so I
suppose it will be another week before the Dude arrives? What has been your exper-
ience with waiting for a delivery?

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FunkDaLicious:
I have a Scuba Dude on order (22 Jun) from the "Zon". Anticipated shipping time,
according to amazon, is between 8 and 12 days. It's been 21 days so far.
My son living in Finland often sends items that take 3 weeks to arrive, so I
suppose it will be another week before the Dude arrives? What has been your exper-
ience with waiting for a delivery?

X traindriver Art
I have never ordered from them until now. I did some reading and seemed legit... hopefully I didn't march us all down the path of being duped! I haven't received my shipping confirmation yet... It says 3-4 weeks... :confused:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got hipping confirmation.
Wonder how long it will take from here?
Good question... time will tell. I've read in other places that packages from Russia can get caught up in customs causing a delay of a couple of weeks at times....

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Funk:
Today is the 18th of July. 26 days since I ordered the Komanderiski.
Wed 22 July wil be exactly one month since ordering date.
So much for Zons "anticipated arrival date 8 to 12 days".
Does Vostok also use USPS? Aka "snail mail".
I could have rowed across the Atlantic faster than this watch is being
transported.If it takes a month to ship it then dont promise it in 8 to 12 days.
Definitely my last purchase of a Vostok unless its in the USA.

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Funk:
Today is the 18th of July. 26 days since I ordered the Komanderiski.
Wed 22 July wil be exactly one month since ordering date.
So much for Zons "anticipated arrival date 8 to 12 days".
Does Vostok also use USPS? Aka "snail mail".
I could have rowed across the Atlantic faster than this watch is being
transported.If it takes a month to ship it then dont promise it in 8 to 12 days.
Definitely my last purchase of a Vostok unless its in the USA.

X traindriver Art
Just speculating here, but I think they use the Russian Post like USPS. The problem may very well be customs. Keep us posted. I haven't even gotten delivery confirm yet. I ordered on the second of July and the website states the order is still processing. In fairness, they note that some items take 3-4 weeks to get to the point that of shipping.

Have you checked the status on the Meranom site?

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
From Russia with Love.

Took a month, but my Amphibian finally arrived.

Hard to get used to setting a watch without a quick date set. Felt like I was going to yank the crown and stem right off it. Besides that and the crappy bracelet, it is a solid little piece. We'll see how the movement holds up.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
VOSTOK means BOSTOK means EAST in RUSSKY TAWK...

i got mines coming from mother russia slow russky 1 month post...

SEIKO bezels are interchangeable with these AMPHIBIAS...crystal is plastic-acrylic- so break out the polywatch or toothpaste...

lots of choices available for watch addicts- i mean hobbyists- on the bay-

good HU FUNKY D

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats, Garrick! Looks good! My 24-hour is still in "Processing." I have emailed and have not gotten any kind of adequate information as to when I can expect shipping. I'm told it is basically all up to the manufacturing plant when they deliver the watch to Meranom... Still, I wait.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Congrats, Garrick! Looks good! My 24-hour is still in "Processing." I have emailed and have not gotten any kind of adequate information as to when I can expect shipping. I'm told it is basically all up to the manufacturing plant when they deliver the watch to Meranom... Still, I wait.

Be ready to wait when it gets to customs as well. Mine sat in NY for almost 2 weeks.
Still, seems pretty great for the money.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Be ready to wait when it gets to customs as well. Mine sat in NY for almost 2 weeks.
Still, seems pretty great for the money.
I was totally prepared to wait for customs. I did not anticipate for my order to still be "processing" a month later... The least they should do is pend the charge until it is shipped! I know it is only $60, but dang! I suppose things just operate a little different in Russia...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts