28 Posts
Gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: watchdaddy1

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys never knew there was a Zodiac thread here.

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge via Tapacrap

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Thanks for sharing. It's a beauty. I always liked that model.

I got a vintage zodiac diver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for sharing. It's a beauty. I always liked that model.

I got a vintage zodiac diver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah
Thanks Brice. I like the diver you have as well

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Another brand I am not too familiar with, super stunning pieces both.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I purchased this model Zodiac Seawolf on a Navy ship in 1966 when I was in the Marines. It cost me a $120, at the time the ships store was also selling Rolex Submariner's for $180. I liked the looks of the Zodiac more, and it also had a date window which for me back then was a plus (still is).

I ended up getting rid of the Seawolf (sold it for $25.) after it crapped out on me after 7 years. At that time it was too costly for me to get it fixed.

Fast forward 50 years and if I had spent another $60 and bought and kept the Rolex, it would be worth over $10K right now. Wish I could take a time machine back to council my younger self on that purchase decision.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I purchased this model Zodiac Seawolf on a Navy ship in 1966 when I was in the Marines. It cost me a $120. At the time the ships store was also selling Rolex Submariner's for $180. I liked the looks of the Zodiac more, and it also had a date window which for me back then was a plus.

I ended up getting rid of the Seawolf (sold it for $25.) after it crapped out on me after 7 years and was too costly for me at the time to get fixed.

Fast forward 50 years and if I had spent another $60 and bought and kept the Rolex, it would be worth over $10K right now. Wish I could take a time machine back to council my younger self on that purchase decision.

damn if hindsight isn't 20/20 huh. That would be an awesome piece @ this stage of its life.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts