Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I recently had my Rolex stolen and am sort of out of the luxury watch game for good I think. But I have always loved the old casio digitals and am sorry they only come with resin cases now.

What I would like would be a watch with a steel case that I can swim with. My questions are:

Can anyone suggest casio models that they would recommend?

Is it a stupid idea to buy a vintage digital watch like this and expect to be able to go swimming with it? (For example, I know that the seals on my Rolex needed to be replaced every couple of years and I sort of doubt that watchmakers will have new seals for these old watches lying around! But maybe I'm wrong and they're a generic shape.)

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
I'm not a Casio fan but I doubt those old watches with a lot of buttons would hold up well in the water. I doubt they had great WR ratings even when they were new. I have a vintage Accutron Spaceview and I would never take it in the water. I do see the old Casio's and Timex watches for sale every now and then. Keep you eye on http://www.watchrecon.com/. If one shows up it will probably show up there.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
This is a newer steel g shock, well a mix of mostly stainless with resin. Possibly if you search around there are other options.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/CASI...=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04185906&rid=20

But if you are looking for a good watch that is affordable, let the forum here know in a separate thread and we can give you a ton of options. Lots of great brands these days with auto movements, sapphire, solid bracelets etc for $500 and under.
Obris morgan is one that pops into my head for around $300 price point just as an example. http://www.obrismorgan.com

Deep blue another option if you catch them on sale.

Marc And Sons another option, just to name a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Try searching on the bay for Casio Marlin, these where produced in the 80s and 100m water resistance was the norm. The one I had was full stainless steel case and bracelet, be aware though a lot of the early Casio watches where base metal cases.
I had a quick search myself and found some new old stock and also some genuine replacement parts.
These a quite sought after so expect to pay around £200 for a new one.
Happy hunting.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think this is what you're looking for in terms of vintage designed steel watches from Casio..

It's the A-168WA-1WDF but I still prefer the F91..even tho it's made from resin.. still love that trusty old watch.. I've had it for years now.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I think this is what you're looking for in terms of vintage designed steel watches from Casio..

It's the A-168WA-1WDF but I still prefer the F91..even tho it's made from resin.. still love that trusty old watch.. I've had it for years now.
This thread is over 12 months old.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX Spectrum using a rubberised keyboard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts