Watch Freeks banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys is it just me or do the vintage watches seem to have a much easier to read dial when compared to their modern larger(40mm and above counter parts)I own a couple of vintage watches and the dials really seen to very easy and ledgible to read

· Registered
389 Posts
It's was a simpler time... A better time. Lol. But no, my opinion is that they just didn't need/have the technology to make these wild and crazy watches we have today. Simple and clean was the rule. Understated yet attractive stood to be the key. And they did well at pulling it off.

· Oris Freek
5,004 Posts
It's was a simpler time... A better time. Lol. But no, my opinion is that they just didn't need/have the technology to make these wild and crazy watches we have today. Simple and clean was the rule. Understated yet attractive stood to be the key. And they did well at pulling it off.
I agree. Nowadays the dials get a little to busy for their own good. I recently bought an Invicta Master Calendar. (pictured below) But I sent it back after three days because my reading glass stage peepers could not read what was going on with that thing.
Shortly thereafter, I went on a simple dial binge. Much better. Now I'm in a vintage collecting mode. Enjoying simplicity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.