Watch Freeks banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
My name is Bob, thank you for allowing me to be part of this extraordinary forum. I’m very passionate about watches, specially the vintage watches.
I have a Cyma watch and honestly I don’t know much about this brand/watch.
I would like to ask for your help and professional option about this watch. I will try to describe the best I can. In the movement I see the letters REF next to numbers 570; I assume that 570 will be the caliber of the movement. I don’t know if the case ,dial, hands or the crown are original to this watch or not. I’m very interested if someone can advice me about that.
In my opinion I believe the dial is genuine/ originals so I don’t think that the dial was repainted but I may be wrong, of course. The numbers are glossy and they look like a very thick paint. It has the Swiss on the bottom and it looks same color/tone paint as the rest of the numbers and the CYMA logo.

On the back of the case is the number 3 stamped along with a star witch has the number 4 or letter A inside the star, hard to tell. No serial numbers on the case or movement; not sure if that is normal or not. The case size is about 38mm without the crown included.

Any advice on dial , crown, hands or case will be appreciated. Thank you in advance for all the help.

Hood Automotive lighting Grille Natural material Jewellery
Hood Automotive lighting Grille Natural material Jewellery

Nickel Aqua Circle Metal Electric blue

Watch Analog watch White Light Clock

Watch Analog watch Clock Material property Font

Watch Analog watch Product Clock Font

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

Watch Analog watch Clock Silver Nickel

·
Super Moderator
16,985 Posts
And a BIG thanks to YOU for being here, as well as for just
deciding to join us Bob. 😀 Man oh man, this watch is really
something special. Not to mention really beautiful inside, and
out without a doubt. 😮(y) I mean I am no expert, but maybe
one of our genuine vintage experts can say for sure. 😉 But
it does look like it is very much original from here.

I guess it’s possible those numbers were touched up, but to
be honest I couldn’t say for sure. And wow, those hands as
well as entire dial look wonderful. Even the case work is on
a different level, and you can see the movement is something
to behold too.

To tell the truth, I looked around all over the place to find the
same exact model Bob. However, I seemed to discover every
other watch they made, but this one above. 😊On top of that,
it looks as if the watch is very very old. ..I mean I was thinking
the 1930’s, or 40’s. But it just might be from before that. 😲

No matter what, it is an incredibly cool watch Bob. ..I hope
you can enjoy wearing it often, and that someone can answer
your questions with certainty down the road. ..Enjoy !

A couple links for you too...

CYMA – The Brand

Cyma Watches history | Watch Cue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you for your kind words Tom. Unfortunately I have just discovered this is a Franken watch. To bad, it is a nice looking watch.

I believe I have solved the mystery here. Finally got the watch in my hands to take a closer look.

Unfortunately the watch movement along with case and hands were heavily modified. Hands are not original to this watch, they been modified. The hands holes were enlarged so they can feet this caliber. Case also was modified and is not original to this watch. The original lugs were cut and replaced with a larger ones.The numbers on dial, they don’t have the radium lumens like all military watches have, this has black paint. The dial seems to be original but far away to by military. Also I believe the case was borrowed from another watch , perhaps Venus. Looking at the star stamp and I’m comparing with the logo of the Venus watch. They look very similar to my eyes. Not to mention the balance wheel does not have the Breguet hairsping. According to my research the caliber 570 supposed to have Breguet hairspring and not flat like this one. This particular movement has only 5 jewels. At least this is my conclusion with this watch.
Output device Rectangle Television set Font Flat panel display

Water Circuit component Electronic component Body jewelry Jewellery

Automotive tire Bicycle part Bumper Wood Tire

Font Rectangle Window Service Auto part

Rectangle Font Wood Automotive exterior Gas

Rectangle Font Line Material property Circle

Measuring instrument Font Audio equipment Circle Gas

·
Super Moderator
16,985 Posts
Thank you for your kind words Tom. Unfortunately I have just discovered this is a Franken watch. To bad, it is a nice looking watch.

I believe I have solved the mystery here. Finally got the watch in my hands to take a closer look.

Unfortunately the watch movement along with case and hands were heavily modified. Hands are not original to this watch, they been modified. The hands holes were enlarged so they can feet this caliber. Case also was modified and is not original to this watch. The original lugs were cut and replaced with a larger ones.The numbers on dial, they don’t have the radium lumens like all military watches have, this has black paint. The dial seems to be original but far away to by military. Also I believe the case was borrowed from another watch , perhaps Venus. Looking at the star stamp and I’m comparing with the logo of the Venus watch. They look very similar to my eyes. Not to mention the balance wheel does not have the Breguet hairsping. According to my research the caliber 570 supposed to have Breguet hairspring and not flat like this one. This particular movement has only 5 jewels. At least this is my conclusion with this watch.
View attachment 142208
View attachment 142207
View attachment 142205
View attachment 142203
View attachment 142206
View attachment 142202
View attachment 142204
Well thank you for solving the mystery ! 🙂🏆 Although I know it
was an outcome that you, and I weren’t expecting. 🙁 It really is
too bad that it turned out to not be 100% genuine. However, have
to say, it really does look nice, and totally worth wearing, as well
as enjoying.