Watch Freeks banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
well i want to thank everyone for their thoughts i could pick some so i got both :)

You are very wise. That's exactly what I would have done...and actually have done many times. Bravo!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
I would go for the Hamilton. I have 6 of them and the quality is great. If you buy gray market you can make your dollar go very far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Never been real interested in the Hamilton brand, except for the Pan Europe model, and then when I found out it had curved strap pins, I cancelled that thought.
Now on the other hand, Hamilton did come out with a new model, that I find striking, the Broadway. Check it out.

Chaz, the Broadway has caught my eye as well. Oh so nice. I fancy the chrono. It's on my radar big time. How many times have I said that!! :p

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Both are good watches. You cannot go wrong. However personally I would go with a Hamilton. Was one of the first watches I was looking at buying. The Seaview. But it's entirely up to you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well played!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Bros:
Hammy vs Vic?
This is too perplexing a question this early in the AM.
Hammy vs INOX? Gotta muse on that one too!

Hammy playing it's A Game. But so is Vic.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
26 Posts
ChuckW;2341098]Hamilton isn't known for dive watches

The Hamilton Frogman has a long and rich history and to this day have a very loyal fan base. Both the Frogman and Belowzero are exceptional watches and while Hamilton may not have a lot of different makes and models for divers...the divers that they do have to offer are amazing.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
IMO just about any current iteration of Hamilton beats Victorinox to the punch.
However, the new INOX watches are beauties to behold (IMO of course)

Hammy has upped their game from the 1st Hammys (the 505 RR grade to be
specific) 505 was released for sale in late 1960's.Punchin way above it's class.
Ball RR grade watches too.
But that was then and this is now!

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just last month I was also looking to buy my first real watch, and in the end I decided to go with a Hamilton.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
Could you clarify what prerequisites as a "real" watch ?
I was coming from a smart watch and before that hadn't worn a watch of any kind for 20 years, so almost any watch discussed on these forums would be considered "real" to me.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts