Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have been looking into these watched and i have read that they are very good swiss watches a a higher brand im looking to get rid of some of my beginner watches from when i started my collection fossils invictas micheal khors other watches like that and get better brands if you had to pick between these two which one would you go with on brand alone history and quality

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Both choices are good. My preference by far is Hamilton, on quality & history. Great choice of autos & quartz, whatever you're after.
Best of luck in the hunt!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i have been looking into these watched and i have read that they are very good swiss watches a a higher brand im looking to get rid of some of my beginner watches from when i started my collection fossils invictas micheal khors other watches like that and get better brands if you had to pick between these two which one would you go with on brand alone history and quality
any reason why the Hamilton and do you own any

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I, too, would go Hamilton. Due to history of the brand, quality they have a reputation for, and they have styles I like. Victorinox has some nice rugged models I like such as the INOX. It all depends on what you're interested in.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
I prefer Hamilton over Victorinox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Hamilton isn't known for dive watches, so if that's your aim, I'd vote for the Victorinox Divemaster 500 Mechanical, which has excellent lume and an ETA 2892 movement. This is mine.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Either is a good choice. I Prefer Hamilton overall but depends what you are after. If its a dive watch I agree with Chuck. I love the victorinox dive master would be a great choice. For Hammys I love the new Hamilton Khaki Frogman for a different looking diver. Love Hamilton Khaki officer line for field watches.

Both brands have auch a variety of watches. I think I would recommend you pick out a few models you like that you are also comfortable with cost and then compare.

All that said either brand is great.

Good luck on your search!

yadda yadda tapatalk

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Never been real interested in the Hamilton brand, except for the Pan Europe model, and then when I found out it had curved strap pins, I cancelled that thought.
Now on the other hand, Hamilton did come out with a new model, that I find striking, the Broadway. Check it out.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I votes Hamilton.
Wore Hamilton RR watches off n on for 40 years in my job as a
locomotive engineer. 992b 950b (both pocket watches) and my
Hamilton 505 RR watch. Sorry to say the 505 wasn't a good watch.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
141 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Victorinox has a great selection of really sporty designs, but taken in totality, the Hamilton brand just carries more "gravitas" for me, personally.

I own a Khaki Navy Pioneer, which I absolutely LOVE.

Chazman's got me thinking about that Broadway now ...

***(NOT my picture, but it does a good job of capturing the look.)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Both offer a lot of band for the buck. I would give the classic not to Hammy. But the alpnach from victornox is a truly beautiful line of watches.
That pan-Europe though....man......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 45 Posts