Watch Freeks banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which makes me think, how did they get that rich. ...

Internal specs cant even compete with a Samsung Galaxy 4 and has no LTE 4g.

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/vertu-constellation/4505-6452_7-35828374.html?ttag=fbwp

Have you recently struck oil? Won the big bucks in the lottery, or sold your 40 percent stake in Apple? Well do I have the phone for you. It's the Vertu Constellation, an Android phone with a ludicrous $6,300 price tag.

It'll be available from Vertu's site in the US within the next few weeks and in the UK in the next few days for £4,000.

The reason for that sky-high price is almost entirely down to its design. The back of the phone is covered in real calf's leather that Vertu explains has been chosen from one of Europe's oldest tanneries specifically for its soft texture. That's not cheap plastic painted to look like metal around the edge, either, that's titanium -- one of the lightest and strongest metals in the world.

Each phone is hand-built in Hampshire, England, so Vertu reckons the build quality is extremely high. There's certainly no doubt at all that it feels like an extraordinarily luxurious phone when it's sat in your hand. The leather looks and feels great, and there's absolutely zero creaking or flex in the body. You think your metal iPhone 5S feels good? This is in a whole other world.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Crazy, why spend that money when the tech will be out dated within a year. But to even consider that it is already last years spec and pay top dollar for a phone with a bit of leather on the back! Nuts! No gold, Ti, diamonds, etc What do they think their client base is...dumb?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
My ex GF has blinged out Vertu phone. She didn't buy it, it was actually a gift from her company. Big bucks for something that doesn't compete with my Samsung GIII!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crazy, why spend that money when the tech will be out dated within a year. But to even consider that it is already last years spec and pay top dollar for a phone with a bit of leather on the back! Nuts! No gold, Ti, diamonds, etc What do they think their client base is...dumb?

Its outdated already as it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts