Watch Freeks banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if any of you guys had seen this new brand, or watch.

Van Speyk is the name of the brand, and they are from the Netherlands. With the name of the watch being the Dutch Diver. It has a 42mm stainless steel case, and cool sandwich dial in choices of blue, black, grey, white, and brown. With it's hands, and markers being coated in Super-Luminova. Some other details include a uni-directional rotating bezel, 200m water resistance, a sapphire crystal, logo engraved case-back, and also bracelet. The movement is Miyota's 8215 automatic everybody.

A couple pictures...

Wrist Watch Review's link...

http://www.wristwatchreview.com/2015/07/31/introducing-the-van-speyk-dutch-diver/

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
not a bad looking watch

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Good looking dial but otherwise pretty much same ole same ole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FunkDaLicious

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
The brand is not new and was first discussed in 2013 on the forum. I'm not overly enthusiastic because (apart from the dial) it doesn't bring anything new or different. This is one of my earlier comments:

"As a Dutchman I'm a bit disappointed that yet another name of a historical figure was used for a brand name. I find it a bit easy. Leeuwenhoek Watches (after famous Dutch inventor Antoni van Leeuwenhoek, he invented the microscope) seems a next candidate ;)".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts