Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

http://abc.go.com/shows/v

The only problem is that there may not be any surprises since it is basically a remake of the original 80s epic.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I liked the BG remake, more adult, darker, more dramatic.
I liked the original back then.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

The original "V" was pretty bad....but...the lack of any type of special effects was the main reason. Hopefully they won't follow the hokey story line from the original series. Good special effects can help a bad story line somewhat...but I guess we'll see.

I love the remake of BattleStar...much better. The story had a lot more in it than the original one, plus the characters weren't like cartoon characters. And the women in the remake were much hotter!!!! Gotta love the blonde Cylon!!!! The prequil starts soon, beginning I guess with the movie Caprica...kinda shows how the Cylons got started ... it even makes one think a little.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Tera-Ram wrote:
I liked the BG remake, more adult, darker, more dramatic.
I liked the original back then.
I should alter my Battlestar comment. Liked the show greatly hated the ending.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

For some reason, and I promise I had no idea and did not cheat, but it is exactly what I expected.

I guess you could say it had a predictable ending.

I had hopes that they would come to 1980 Earth and carry on from there.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

"V" I remember that show, man I guess the writers can't come up with anymore original ideas with all these remakes coming out!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
imported post

I remember a Good Lookin Gal eating a Live Mouse in the original...suppose it'll be a large rat this time around... Seriously though, V has great possibilities for a BIG HIT! Just hope they stay away from political statements and religious nuances.. I like my Sci-FI scary and straight up!:cool:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

They're certainly not showing much in the trailers, I guess they don't want to refresh peoples memories about the 80s series.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

The previews are making me feel a little more interested but not sold that this is going to be any better than the original yet.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

they show the previews about 1 million times. I think I might watch now also, lol

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

they are going to ruin a good old series/show, like they always do.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Hopefully, it will be just different enough to make it interesting, but I don't expect any surprises, unless they were to reverse the circumstances and have us eat them instead!!!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I liked the original "V" and this one looks even better. I think I will give it a shot. If I don't like it then I will just delete it off of my DVR.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
I liked the original "V" and this one looks even better. I think I will give it a shot. If I don't like it then I will just delete it off of my DVR.
Same here.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

starts tonight. I am going to watch it. Have the DVR set up to record it also.

Will at least give it a chance. Could be good!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts