Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I ship out all over the world using USPS Priority, Priority International, and Express International. I had never over that last 6 years of business had one package actually lost where I had to file a claim through the USPS insurance, until this year, starting last month.

An Invicta Grand Diver sent to a customer in CO, This item has been lost since 10-28-09 and I am still waiting on reimbursement, having to have already refunded the customer.Tracking number [/b]9125128882300859878392

Processed through Sort Facility, 2009-10-28, 23:34:00, DENVER, CO, 80217
Processed through Sort Facility, CINCINNATI, OH, 45235
Electronic Shipping Info Received, MORROW, OH, 45152

A Swiss Legend Maverick sent to a customer in NM, out for delivery but never delivered. Currently in dispute and hold by paypal while waiting for the USPS to locate and or accept the claim.
Tracking number[/b]

Shipping label printed on Oct-26-09
US Postal Service Priority Mail
Shipping cost: $9.43

Out for Delivery or Available at PO Box, Oct-29-09, 09:04 AM, LAS CRUCES, NM, 88011
Sorting Complete, LAS CRUCES, NM, 88011
Arrival at Unit, LAS CRUCES, NM, 88011
Processed through Sort Facility, CINCINNATI, OH, 45235

And last and most detrimental to my paypal account, a Chase Durer Strike Force GMT sent out via USPS Express International to France is reported to have been lost, or stolen by, French Customs officials. Currently also on hold by paypal awaiting for the USPS to locate and or accept the insurance claim.
Tracking number[/b]
EC732238158US

Into Foreign Customs, 2009-11-06, 14:39:00, ROISSY CHRONOPOST INTERNATIONAL
Into Foreign Customs, ROISSY CHRONOPOST INTERNATIONAL
Arrived Abroad, ROISSY CHRONOPOST INTERNATIONAL
International Dispatch, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
Arrival, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
Processed through Sort Facility, CINCINNATI, OH, 45275
Acceptance, MORROW, OH, 45152

The hardest part about these lost or stolen items is the fact that the USPS takes up to 90 days to process insurance claims, both domestic and international.

Ithank God I had the foresight to insure them at least.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the info. Whenever I ship I tend to use USPS as well and also insure what I ship. I had thought about switching to UPS but was told or heard somewhere that they do not insure their shipments. I hate to hear the headache you are having and just hope I never have the same issue. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

UPS DOES insure bracelets and watches up to $50,000. On that thread I got the info directly from UPS and posted it for everyone.
USPS does a good job also and normally there are not problems with any of the shipping companies.

The key is ALWAYS getting insurance and if possible signature confirmation, which normally gives you additional protection if something goes wrong. I ALWAYS get insurance - always, like Tera did.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear about that Jeff. it sux when you have to wait. I hope you recoup your money soon. and the shipment to NM wasn't me...LOL

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Detailed Results:
Delivered, December 04, 2009, 11:37 am, MORROW, OH 45152
Arrival at Post Office, December 04, 2009, 11:14 am, MORROW, OH 45152
Processed through Sort Facility, December 04, 2009, 9:49 am, MAINEVILLE, OH 45039
Processed through Sort Facility, December 04, 2009, 7:10 am, CINCINNATI, OH 45275
Processed through Sort Facility, December 03, 2009, 2:18 pm, BIRMINGHAM, AL 35203
Missent, December 03, 2009, 7:48 am
Processed through Sort Facility, December 03, 2009, 6:32 am, BIRMINGHAM, AL 35203
Attempted Delivery Abroad, November 27, 2009, 11:26 am, FRANCE
Into Foreign Customs, November 06, 2009, 2:39 pm, FRANCE
Into Foreign Customs, November 05, 2009, 2:37 pm, FRANCE
Arrived Abroad, November 05, 2009, 2:32 pm, FRANCE
International Dispatch, November 03, 2009, 10:13 pm, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
Arrival
Processed through Sort Facility, November 02, 2009, 5:08 pm, CINCINNATI, OH 45275
Acceptance, November 02, 2009, 9:38 am, MORROW, OH 45152
Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 01, 2009

I got this terrible surprise hand delivered by a special agent of the USPS.

This was sold and shipped out on 11-02-09 via USPS Express International.

French Customs had it for nearly three weeks before delivery was ever attempted, ONCE. No indication if any notice was left for the customer, then sent back to me three days later. THANK YOUFrench Postmaster!

I have not heard one peep from the customer, I emailed them yesterday with the news. In a best case scenario, this customer will reply with...

"Oui Mister Vendeur, mae culpa, s'il vous plaît pardonnez-moi!"

"Yes Mister Seller, mea culpa, please forgive me! Allow me to pay a second shipping and please send my watch back immediately, thank you.!

This ideal response is not likely to occur.

The most likely response will be...

Tera-Ram:

"No, I decided I do not want it so I let it go back, please refund me, fully, now!"

Merry Christmas!

Your International Customer

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Man that sux!! Sorry to hear of the troubles! I do know that this time of year is a ***** when shipping anything! I use USPS for all my watch shipments and insure them all too. Luckily I have never had a problem, yet!

·
Registered
115 Posts
imported post

Over the last few years our USPS service has got really really bad, to the point that we cannot depend on them for the most part, especially if it is something important. I eventually had to close my PO Box because the people putting the mail in the boxes would stand back there and BS while putting mail in boxes and would put your mail in someone else's box, then it would take several weeks to retrieve it.

Paypal is so bad I quit using them altogether, as they will charge you back and put holds for anything.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

That just stinks, TR. Sorry you have to go through THIS with all of the other problems, too...

I am LEAST satisfied with the USPS of all shippers. Their tracking is USELESS, except (maybe) after the fact and they just do NOT seem as efficient as UPS or FedEx.

I certainly hope it all works out. Quickly.

David

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

jdtj63 wrote:
Paypal is so bad I quit using them altogether, as they will charge you back and put holds for anything.
Yes, i have already been of the phone with them and I am looking at having to provide a full refund, even the $50 to originally ship the item, that's not fair!

I didn't ship the item out without prompting.

The customer should have to cover the shipping, paypal says no.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I am sorry to read about your dilemma! I hope that it works out positively for you.

I stopped shipping internationally, about 5 months ago, after an Oris TT1 watch went "missing" via USPS in Spain. I lost the watch plus Paypal refunded the buyer, his $500!

It took me a while to recover from this >$1000 hit. :(

I simply won't ship overseas anymore.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

argabright wrote:
That just stinks, TR. Sorry you have to go through THIS with all of the other problems, too...

I am LEAST satisfied with the USPS of all shippers. Their tracking is USELESS, except (maybe) after the fact and they just do NOT seem as efficient as UPS or FedEx.

I certainly hope it all works out. Quickly.

David
Yes, it was not the USPS that screwed me, but French customs and the French P.O.

By the way, thanks for your concern, everyone.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Tera-Ram,

That stinks big time as I know this is what you do for a living. My brother owns his own company. It is an online store. He will only ship via UPS now because of all the problems with the USPS. He has told me similar horror stories about shipments. Good luck to you my friend.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

I even offered free shipping back to him, but the customer has demanded a full refund. I sent him back a note with the refundand explained the situation and told him Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

I also implemented my 15% restocking fee on returns, so I did after all actually make a true $75 profit on this sale, but the cost of having to return $425.00 after 40 days was devastating to my budget, with such lackluster Christmas sales. This customer agreed to my policy without any disputes, he is out $124.77 for NOTHING!

From TG to the second Friday in December of 2008 I had over $5k in gross sales, this year is just barely $1400.00, :WWthat is a big difference!

And I'm even virtually giving away some fine jewelry in auctions ending Sunday!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts