·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
481 Posts
imported post

I tried the Ion USB TT http://amzn.to/grZCz was not happy with its performance Idid not like the software (E-Z Audio Converter) either. I tried it both on a Mac and PS OS. I also tried a friend's Sony higher-end model and that too was a disappointment.
I returned the Ion and purchased a VERY portable, and affordable Numark PT01 and LOVE IT. http://amzn.to/d03DHf

It came with Audacity software, which I also use to easily edit any sound file, and also create my own. It has a lot of nice features to edit the final product.

It get very high ratings and is popular among DJ who can take it with them to vinyl stores to play records on-the-spot. Pitch control is a plus for this price.

For the price, i do not think there is anything out there that will beat it. I caught mine on sale for $49.00

Good luck with what you decide to purchase.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

Liquid

If you get one that works well let us know....I've often thought about this but I have never pursued it.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
imported post

Whatever you get, if you don't care for the software I would download Audacity to clean it up. I think you can still get it free. Audacity rocks. You can doctor up anything you have with it.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
imported post

The one at Skymall can be purchased from Costco. I've heard the same thing about it from many, the software. If the software isn't any good then you will get lousy results.

I had planned to do it the hard way a few years back and never got around to doing anymore then a few albums. I have a Home CD Burner on my main audio system along with a really cool BBE processor. Worked really well but you have to be there to mark the tracks on the burner. I still have it set up and don't use it. I'll probably be selling my Sota Star Sapphire turntable long before tying it again. Lol

·
Banned
5,730 Posts
imported post

You should be able to find it a little less expensive. I've used the ION turntable extensively. The included software Audacity is ok, sadly no instruction abound for how to work that sucker, a lot of trial - error and documenting. If you buy this gadget and need some fairly decent instructions for Audacity I have them here with and can send too you in a doc or pdf file.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
imported post

I have thought about getting one many times. I do have a lot of old vinyl that is in fair to very good condition. It makes sense that the right software would be what makes or breaks it. Not the turntable itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts