Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/6TgJc0ZkHcw&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

Great memory and moment in time.
Going to be an interesting Olympics with the weather so warm at the Olympic site. Getting rain in stead of snow. Big problem.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
I was only 6 and I remember that game like it was yesterday.
Six, OMG!!!! :%:lol:%

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

I remember watching that game! What a thrill and how exciting that achievement was for our U.S.A. Hockey team. ....Bob

GO USA!!!!

Going for thegold in the Winter Olympics!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

bump

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Shoot...I remember we couldn't even watch the game until that night....it wasn't even live!!! We heard they had won the game against the Russians from one of the janitors at our church....I was a year out of college, but still in rehab from my 6th knee operation. The US Team still had to beat a really good Finland team in the Gold Medal game 4 - 2 by scoring 3, third period goals.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

I also rememberduring the 6 o'clcck news the localsportscaster had to warn viewers that if they did not want to know the outcome to look away from the tv as the game was shown in primetimeon the east coast.

It's amazing how 1 event, and just 1 line can propell a broadcaster into history. It still remains, IMHO, the biggest upset in the history of sports.

Thanks for the memory!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.