Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

With so much exposure to so many new (to me) watches I finally took the 3 (marked up) Post It notes and cleaned them up. Put my new list on an Excel sheet............
Here is my latest, never ending, ever changing (in no particular order) list of must have watches fro 2010.

Oris Diver (47mm)
Various Seiko Divers (too many to list and I do not know all the model numbers) LOL
Viperfish
Rose Gold / Black Auto Pilot
SWI LE (moon phase, white or blue dial) thanks JP!!!:madd:madd
Bell & Ross square (really don't see this happening $$$!)
SWI Atlantis (white face)
Rentao Stallion (Auto, SS case & bracelet)
Renato WB or Rex (3 hand auto)
Deep Blue diver (low on list)
A Tourbillon of some sort

Then of course the list trails off (more like babbles on) about others where there is interest but no sure direction.

CJ

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

I have the deep blue 1000m diver and IMO it looks just like an ORIS w/o the cost -miyota auto day & date but its a nice piece JMHO

let me know if you want the Seiko's i find them often on Ebay Auctions (mostly from singapore) very nice pieces

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

I did exactly the same thing this week with all of my little notes and watch lists.

In no order, and as CJ said, unfortunately this does keep changing somewhat, but a few have been on my list for a while. 2010 might be a limited buying year for me with the new baby, 2 kids in daycare, etc etc.

MY PLAN is to save for certain watches, instead of just buying anything that cathes my eye that day. I have found that all of the watches listed below on my "Want List" basically always cost around the same amount regardless of month/date/year.

Short List:
  • Chase Durer Pilot Commander II - if I can find one actually available
  • Citizen Atomic Chronograph BY0000-56E - if I can find one at a good price
  • Seiko SKA383 Kinetic Men's Diver - can easily find.
  • Zodiac Oceanaire Z08004 or Z08002 - stainless steel bracelet model only makes ths one a little tougher.
[align=left]Maybe:
  • NFW Viperfish - Since I have never seen the finished product, colors, etc I still have to wait on this one. I will not go "gaga" over a watch I have never actually seen. But initial previews and the case I saw when meeting George seem promising so far.
[/align]
Dream 1 and 2:
  • Oris TT1 Divers Small Second, Date 64376098454MB - black and orange
  • Breitling 964272 Super Avenger Mens Chronograph, stainless steel bracelet, with a white dial

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks G!
I am holding off a bit from any major purchases until I know for sure how this new career thing goes.........Hopefully all goes as planned and I will be back in the swing of things (buying like a mad man) real soon!:c:c:c

I will keep ya posted and ask for your help when ready!:b

CJ

WATCHURSELF wrote:
I have the deep blue 1000m diver and IMO it looks just like an ORIS w/o the cost -miyota auto day & date but its a nice piece JMHO

let me know if you want the Seiko's i find them often on Ebay Auctions (mostly from singapore) very nice pieces

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
With so much exposure to so many new (to me) watches I finally took the 3 (marked up) Post It notes and cleaned them up. Put my new list on an Excel sheet............
Here is my latest, never ending, ever changing (in no particular order) list of must have watches fro 2010.

Oris Diver (47mm)
Various Seiko Divers (too many to list and I do not know all the model numbers) LOL
Viperfish
Rose Gold / Black Auto Pilot
SWI LE (moon phase, white or blue dial) thanks JP!!!:madd:madd
Bell & Ross square (really don't see this happening $$$!)
SWI Atlantis (white face)
Rentao Stallion (Auto, SS case & bracelet)
Renato WB or Rex (3 hand auto)
Deep Blue diver (low on list)
A Tourbillon of some sort

Then of course the list trails off (more like babbles on) about others where there is interest but no sure direction.

CJ
hahahahah...your very welcome CJ.....First on my list for 2010 is the Panerai 297 after that not sure as of yet..

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Actually, mine right now is extremely simple.

1) Breitling Superocen Steelfish- when I have sold some more of my current collection

2) Numerous Seiko divers

3) NFW ViperFish

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
imported post

No Particular Order, have a few in my sights so well see how it plays out :)

-Ball Hydrocarbon Chrono
-Anonimo Professionale
-Breitling Avenger Skyland (May sell my Steelfish if I get this one)
-Anonimo Cronoscopio Mark 2 either Tru Blu or Original
-Sinn U1, U2 EZM5Auto GMT either
-Tag Aquagraph Crono (Saw Seans FS and still like this, only Tag I ever wanted)
-Omega Planet Ocean either 3 hand or Chrono
-Sinn Space 2

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

This was my list in 2009:

1) Citizen SkyHawk A-T
2) Seiko Sportura Kinetic Direct Drive (other 45mm or larger Seiko's as well)
3) NFW Autopilot Automatic or Viperfish Automatic
4) Tissot T-Touch Automatic Titanium
5) Accutron VX200
6) Croton Tungsten Auto

I bought a SkyHawk and my new list for 2010 is currently:

1) Accutron VX200 with the Pepsi Bezel (currently hunting best deal)
2) Seiko Kinetic Drive (undecided on model at this time)
3) NFW Viperfish Automatic (once I see the final watch as this choice is currently based on the fact that I would like to own a NFW and this one is the next big introduction)
4) Accutron Gemini (only if I don't get the VX200)
5) Citizen Eco-drive (several models under consideration, BZ0016-50E Signature)

Of course, I reserve the right to modify this list at a moments notice.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

My brother from another mother.............great list B, short and to the point!!!

CJ

sheraortho wrote:

1) Breitling Superocen Steelfish- when I have sold some more of my current collection

2) Numerous Seiko divers

3) NFW ViperFish

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
Of course, I reserve the right to modify this list at a moments notice.
lol - that is EXACTLY the problem for me (and just about everyone else) .... every year.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
My brother from another mother.............great list B, short and to the point!!!

CJ

sheraortho wrote:

2) Numerous Seiko divers

3) NFW ViperFish
Thanks brother!! My tastes are pretty simple! LOL

·
Registered
49 Posts
imported post

This is a tough one for me. I have not made an exacting list of the precise model of watch that I may buy in 2010. I do know that I probably will not buy more than 2 or 3 watches at the most next year. My selection of those 2 or 3 new watchess probably will be made from another Breitling, another Ball, my first Oris, one of those gorgeous (and expensive) German made Muhle watches, maybe an Omega,and perhaps a Zeno Pilot's watch. It is yet to be seen, it all depends on where my watch-buying-emotions take me.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Pretty simple for me.......will buy as it feels appropriate and not necessarily in this order except for the Viperfish as that will definitely be my first 2010 purchase. My total purchases for the year will probably only 4 at the most.

1. NFW Viperfish Chrono
2. Debaufre Triton
3. Some form of a Chase Durer (Pilot Commander or Ramjet)
4. Hamilton Twilight
5. NFW Auto Pilot Auto
6. Seiko Monster
7. SAN IV
8. Invicta Combat Sea Spider or Combat SAN III
9. Something with a V7750
10. NFW Regulator

Wanted a Zodiac Deep Reef and got it today so don't have to add to this list.

Dream List

1. Oris Diver of some variation
2. Breitling Steelfish

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
imported post

ChaunceyJack wrote:
This is a tough one for me. I have not made an exacting list of the precise model of watch that I may buy in 2010. I do know that I probably will not buy more than 2 or 3 watches at the most next year. My selection of those 2 or 3 new watchess probably will be made from another Breitling, another Ball, my first Oris, one of those gorgeous (and expensive) German made Muhle watches, maybe an Omega,and perhaps a Zeno Pilot's watch. It is yet to be seen, it all depends on where my watch-buying-emotions take me.

I can help you with the Zeno Pilot....LOL....A handcranker though not the 7750!! Insert subliminal message <Here>

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I have been eying the Breitling Navitimer Datora.

Link to an example on eBay.

Right off . . . the 43mm case case gives me big pause . . . however, the COSC grade 7751 is appealing. It would be most appealing if it had the moon phase . . . but how often do I use the one I already have? :)

Honestly . . . I think that no matter what brand offered a COSC 7751 in a 45mm (ish) case would make it on my wrist. :)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

My list changes often, but these are the ones I am after. I doubt I can do very many (if any) of the premium watches within the year unless:
1. I use 100% of a tax refund check (unlikely)
2. or I sell the 911 (also unlikely as dumping in this recession ISN'T good economic policy, don't ask me how I know...)
3. Things REALLY turn around or I "just get lucky" and have a MONSTER month sometime in 2010. Possible, but not looking too good.

OK, here's the list...

Super Premiums (second hand is 100% acceptable):
Breitling Navitimer (bracelet or strap, the "deal" is key...)
Ulysse Nardin Black Ocean (HIGHLY unlikely)
Omega Seamaster (larger, fairly recent model, not necessarily a PO with coaxial, but...)
Sinn U1

Premiums:
Ball Hydrocarbon

Obtainables:

Zodiac Oceanaire, pre-fossil yellow dial would be best
Croton Swiss Pineapple (cash + miyota version is ideal)
Sea Vulture Auto (ETA 2894-2, 37J... Cash + my 5040f version would ROCK, same arrangement for a Unitas mechanical would be ok, too, but the 2894-2 is the MAC DADDY)
SAN II (7750 or 2824-2)
Wilson (or similar) Fleiger with an ETA/Unitas 6497 or 6498

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

Man argabright, you have some real nice taste!!
Hope you are successful!!!:b

CJ

argabright wrote:
My list changes often, but these are the ones I am after. I doubt I can do very many (if any) of the premium watches within the year unless:
1. I use 100% of a tax refund check (unlikely)
2. or I sell the 911 (also unlikely as dumping in this recession ISN'T good economic policy, don't ask me how I know...)
3. Things REALLY turn around or I "just get lucky" and have a MONSTER month sometime in 2010. Possible, but not looking too good.

OK, here's the list...

Super Premiums (second hand is 100% acceptable):
Breitling Navitimer (bracelet or strap, the "deal" is key...)
Ulysse Nardin Black Ocean (HIGHLY unlikely)
Omega Seamaster (larger, fairly recent model, not necessarily a PO with coaxial, but...)
Sinn U1

Premiums:
Ball Hydrocarbon

Obtainables:

Zodiac Oceanaire, pre-fossil yellow dial would be best
Croton Swiss Pineapple (cash + miyota version is ideal)
Sea Vulture Auto (ETA 2894-2, 37J... Cash + my 5040f version would ROCK, same arrangement for a Unitas mechanical would be ok, too, but the 2894-2 is the MAC DADDY)
SAN II (7750 or 2824-2)
Wilson (or similar) Fleiger with an ETA/Unitas 6497 or 6498

·
Registered
120 Posts
imported post

My [small] collection will have to be thinned down by another 6 or so watches before I buy anything in 2010, the only watch on my radar for this year is a 47mm Oris. Anything else will just be stuff that happens along ata killer price.

Steve

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.