Watch Freeks banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I gave my Gryphon to my son so I could get a Titan, but the inner rotating bezel bugs me. I emailed Reactor about this, and the reply I got said they have an updated version out that has a lock at the 2 o'clock position so the inner bezel doesn't move around inadvertently, and retailers are supposed to have them. Has anyone seen one of these new versions yet?

I found the email Reactor sent me: "Hello. AS a matter of fact the new Titan that is out on shelves has a locking mechinism on the 2 O’Clock crown so it does not move. Just verify with your retailer that it has the locking crown and you will be good to go. Initially this watch was made for service men who wear gloves most if the time, this is why the crown was not made to lock. However we have changed it and you should be good to go. Best regards"

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the Titan, but I don't see anything different that alludes to a way to stop the inner bezel from rotating.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Must be some kind of split screw lock at 2 o'clock. Maybe it splits in the middle, half turns the bezel, the other half locks it... Also could be push/pull like a crown. Nice watch though.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I haven't come across anything updated to the Titan yet either. Kinda eyed these for while and would like to see that locking feature.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Spoke to Reactor today and they told me that the crown located at 2 o'clock is now a screw down crown. I believe this is what they meant by a locking mechanism.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's great Eric!! Congrats!

Mind if I ask you where you picked it up from?
Princetonwatches.com. They're having a sale on most watches for the holidays. I've ordered from them before, and haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like I spoke too soon. They sent me the wrong watch. I'll have to contact them tomorrow and get it returned. Dang.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Sorry to hear that......it may be that they don't have any of the new ones. :(
I tried to ask them if they had the new Titan and they couldn't have been more confused.

FYI- I also tried Tribal Hollywood (another Reactor dealer) and they don't have them yet, either.

I don't know where else to look.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to hear that......it may be that they don't have any of the new ones. :(
I tried to ask them if they had the new Titan and they couldn't have been more confused.

FYI- I also tried Tribal Hollywood (another Reactor dealer) and they don't have them yet, either.

I don't know where else to look.
I called them to get it straightened out. They had the new ones, but whoever filled the order goofed. The Titan I wanted is model 43801, and they sent me a watch that has some of the same numbers. That final scribble you see on your Internet order from (insert any online website here) showing they checked what was ordered compared to what shipped only means as much as how busy the person doing the scribbling is I guess.

Anyhoo, this isn't about PrincetonWatches, I called and they remedied the situation.

The watch is a bigger version of the Gryphon, which I posted a review of long time ago. I'm just including a couple of pics to give an idea of size and looks. The inner bezel does have a locking crown now versus the old version that had a crown that just moved every time something bumped against it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Congratulations on a great pick-up!!! Very glad to hear you got it straightened around with them.

I have a Gryphon as well. Does the new Titan exhibit the wobbly/shaky minute hand? My Gryphon still has it even after sending it back to Reactor to get the second hand adjusted (it was getting hung up on the minute hand and they fixed that part).

Thank you for those pics, too!!! Looks like a great watch!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations on a great pick-up!!! Very glad to hear you got it straightened around with them.

I have a Gryphon as well. Does the new Titan exhibit the wobbly/shaky minute hand? My Gryphon still has it even after sending it back to Reactor to get the second hand adjusted (it was getting hung up on the minute hand and they fixed that part).

Thank you for those pics, too!!! Looks like a great watch!
I read this and I've been keeping an eye on the hands and haven't seen any wobbling. For what Reactor charges for these watches, I'd def send back for repair until it was fixed. So far so good on this one though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts