Watch Freeks banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm sorry when I see my country going down the tubes 40 million out of work because of some Draconian shutdowns, based on Panic Peddling hype, and padded death numbers, I find it hard to even think about superfluous things like watch collections right now.

I'm out of here, for now, maybe forever, it was a nice 6 years but I refuse to ignore the greatest threat to my Nation since I have been alive, and pretend all is well when it clearly isn't and Tyrannical forces are attempting to take control and destroy it. I swore an Oath Twice, to "Protect, defend, and uphold the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC" and right now the domestic enemies are at the gates!
Please don't misunderstand, I was not making reference to yourself in my post as someone who exploits and twists, but rather those who seek power (this is based on long, first-hand personal experience). Nor am I attacking any side, as both are equally corrupt.

Your sense of duty is highly commendable and I can understand and sympathise with your frustration. If your goal is to express your opinions in order to try to change people's minds, is doing so on a watch forum a good way of accomplishing that goal? I would think your getting in contact (letter, phone, email) with your elected officials to voice your concerns would be much more effective, or maybe creating a video to post on Youtube or Facebook (although those platforms are not allowing it, you would be better off on a place like BitChute).

Naturally, it is your choice if you want to leave the forum, however I would be sorry to see you go, and I do not think I would be the only one.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well, the parts are made there, and then assembled / cased in Switzerland. It's a rather purposely grey area, no manufacturer will say how much of the watch is made from imported parts (but modern Omega bracelets do say that China is the country of origin on the vacuum packed packaging).

There do exist Swiss companies that make everything in Switzerland, Vaucher being one and H. Moser & Cie being another famous one (among others): Introducing: The H. Moser Swiss Mad Watch, With A Case Made Of Real Swiss Cheese - HODINKEE
Please don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with Chinese watches, and a few I own could easily go head to head with some Japanese and Swiss models. It's like you said, there is a big grey area

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.