Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have reason to believe that most guys never forget their first vehicle...What was yours ?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

I hope I can remember that far back. An early 1960's Ford Galaxie. Black with a red interior. I think. ....Bob

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

monte carlo ss

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Plymouth Horizon.......hated it had it about 1 month and sold it and purchased a Plymouth Sundance........had it about 3 months and the dealer smashed the door during service so they bought it back from me and I bought a Chevy Z24 which what I consider my first real car.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

1957 Chevy Nomad Wagon, 327 Vette engine, 4bbl, 4 Sp on the floor, all button tufted black velvet interior, front end falling apart.

I was only 15 going on 16 and my Dad called it my first car, but I never really drove it and it was only in my driveway for about a month before he sold it.

And so starts the cycle, until I finally bought my own car in1982 a 1974 Plymouth Grand Fury, fully loaded big 4 door boat, I just cycled through whatever car may Dad happened to be trading through at the time. I was the first in Warren County, maybe even the State of Ohio to have a fully installed component speaker system with 10" subwoofer, in 1982. Had to canablize an old pair of house speakers for the seperate mid & tweets with crossover filters. Mids in the front door kick panels, tweeters in the front dash, 6x9 two ways in the back deck and a 10" woofer with crossover to make it only supply 250hz and lower. Powered by a Clairon EQ/amp was, but it had front and rear outputs of around 100W each, then there was a second single amp for the woofer about 200W. No one could believe the stereo system I had in that boat, makes me wonder if I might have been the one that started the whole THUMPER system craze in auto, all those many years ago.

From 1976-1982 There was a 1957 Chevy, 1969 Pontiac Lemans, 1964 Chevy Malibu, 1968 Chevy Malibu, 1974 Ford LTD XL, 1966 Mustang, 1962 Chevy II Nova, 1968 Chevrolet Malibu SS, 1968 Camaro RS, 1972 Chevy Camaro LS. All of these in a 6 year time frame.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

First vehicle - Dad's hand me down 66 Ford truck.....a real tank of a workhorse.

My first vehicle by choice.....junior year in HS, 66 Chevelle. Mowed a lot of lawns and painted many houses to get this.

CJ

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I couldn't agree more! No guy forgets his first car at all. I had a 1973 Chevy Caprice Classic with a 400 4 barrel carb in it. It got about 3 gallons to the mile but gas was ALOT cheaper then!! I LOVED my lead sled when I had it!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
imported post

I bought a brand new 1970 Chevy Vega but shhhhhh please don't tell anyone it'll be our little secret.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts