Watch Freeks banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

What kind of parent would do something like this...That poor kid will remember this till the day he dies.

WARM SRPINGS, Ga. — A Georgia woman is in jail after police say she forced her son to kill his pet hamster with a hammer as punishment for bad grades.

The sheriff of rural Meriwether County told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Thursday that the 12-year-old boy told his teacher about the killing. The teacher reported it to the Division of Family and Child Services, who contacted police.

Sheriff Steve Whitlock said 38-year-old Lynn Middlebrooks Geter of Warm Springs faces one charge each of animal cruelty, child cruelty and battery.

The sheriff's office said she remained in the Meriwether County jail early Friday. It was not immediately known if she had a lawyer.

Meriwether County is located about 90 minutes southwest of Atlanta.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

wow, that is pretty cruel on so many levels.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Unfortunately you don't need a license and a psych evaluation to be a parent. SICK!

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
imported post

thats awful, In the news over here right now there is a story about a women who has been pretending that her young son is dying from an illness... he even believed it aswell.... just to get money from donations and charity events, some people should never have the right to be parents.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Unfortunately the one who will suffer the most is the poor child who will most likely not have the influence of a positive loving relationship with his mother (although if she can do that i dont know if it would have ever happened)

this is the biggest destruction of our country's fabric that i see - the family unit

terrible

·
Registered
294 Posts
imported post

dedward wrote:
Its Georia.:pic
I understand why you say it's Georgia... unfortunately it happens everywhere... their not the only state with TRAILER TRASH they just get in the news more then others..! You need a license for a dog but not for having kids..

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

In all honesty it's surprising she even got jail time for this. I've investigated cases far worse then this and people walk after going to court on the charges. I agree with George 100%. It is the breakdown of the family unit as a whole that is creating the scary leaders of tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

djpop wrote:
I feel sorry for him.
I do too, dj...I've thought about this story so much & have had moments where I've been sorry I even read it in the first place.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
imported post

It is an awful story, i mean what sort of chance does this mother give her kid? its ok when we are older because in my opinion i dont need anybody, sure i love my girlfriend and everything like that... but at the end of the day, i dont need anybody to live, doing this to a kid at such a young age gives him little hope!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.