Watch Freeks banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the input guys but with the recent death of my netbook looks like selling a current watch or saving up for a new netbook will be next on my list. I agree thought James the 49mm Oris would probably be just completely different but will have to wait a bit now.

What I do know is no more PC for me as I will go with Apple. I have had so many issues with Dell and HP I have stopped counting at this point.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Not put anything on my blog lately so thought was as good a time as any to post a bit. I have been adding a few pieces lately to my collection. Decided recently that I didn't want two pilot watches in my collection and for some reason I am guessing just the overall look decided to keep my Orient Aviator and sell my Steinhart Nav B. Just really like the look of the Orient much more. Turn around and sink the money into the bracelet for my Orient Aviator, Chase Durer Pilot Commander and a very nice Zodiac ZMX 03 that I have been wanting for some time.

Will be waiting about 8 weeks for the Orient bracelet. The first ZMX arrived early last week and had a defective lumination system or battery issue but is a very cool piece. Been working with Metro to get a replacement out to me since. I have to say that Metro has been very helpful throughout the process and once I got the replacement tracking in the system made arrangements for the replacement to be shipped out to me. I paid for next day shipping originally but when the replacement was shipped out Zodiac inadvertantly had is shipped ground so it will be here sometime next week. Metro due to the confusion in shipping refunded my next day shipping charges again exceeding customer service expectations. Can't wait to finally get a fully functioning ZMX on my wrist sometime this next week. The Chase Durer Pilot Commander arrived last week and is pretty much perfect in every way for its age.

I also decided I had to have one of the Deep Blue T100 models and picked up a SS Orange tube model last Tuesday. Should arrive sometime tomorrow so looking forward to it as much as any recent pick up. Also bought a brand new strap from Bulova for my Accutron Telluride which should arrive this coming week as well. Decided that come summertime it may not be comfortable at its current length. Crazy thing was when I was taking the old strap off preparing for the new strap and the one of the strap ends pulled off the end piece thus rendering it completely useless but I do now have an extra very nice depolyant bucket from Bulova/Accutron that I may sell to someone that may be in need of its use for one of their Accutron models.

Spent a great few days of Thanksgiving with the family at various events beginning on Thursday and ending on Sunday. One long event every year but very enjoyable for sure. Christmas tree is up as well and getting ready to really enjoy the Christmas season with the family. Not much else to speak on at this time but will obviously be updating a few other threads and posting some just ordered or arrived today threads in the next few days. Hope everyone has had a great holiday so far and has been as fortunate to be as active as I have been recently with my collection.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Been a bit since I put anything in here. Biggest watch related news on my end is that my collection has underwent another major shift. Of course I drank the Kool-Aid for the first year of my collecting then shifted to more to a mix of micro brands such as Artego, Boschett and Hamilton. Then I traded for a Breitling SOP moving more to "better" brands so to speak mixing in TAG and Oris.Some personal issues came up along with some mind lossand the Breitling, a TAG and the Oris in my collection were either traded or sold......boy was I stupid. So at that time I moved more back to micro brands and just knew I wasn't going to be satisfied.

April of this year my collection started morphing back into what I wanted it to be with the addition of my Stowa Seatime and I felt like I was on my way or at least somewhat back on track. Now with the addition of a couple of BALL pieces and finally another Hamilton I feel like I have gotten my collection fully back on track. Really not trying to be snobbish but going to try to stay away from the micro brands which will be hard and pretty much impossible for me because of my love of Deep Blue, Helson, Boschett and others. My goal now is to at some point add another Breitling SOP or a new Coltas for some reason I prefer the size compared to the larger Breitling models even though I do love the looks of the Steelfish and Avenger models.

Anyhow needed the quick break from the work world. Thx for looking and would also love to hear others stories of collection morphing.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I started off fast when I found this forum and got into watches. I started off buying up anything and everything without much research and regretted it big time! So many seemingly small or large details to consider, lug size, tapered bracelet, size, weight of watch or bracelet, learning about movements. It just goes on and on. I just got caught up in anything that captured my eye. I ended up whittling it down from 10 to 2 watches. I know 10 isn't much to a lot but that happened in about 2-3 months. I had to take a step back. I kept my Monster Gen2 (bead blasted) and Boschett Harpoon and compiled a list after research and I'm starting off slowly this time lol.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts