Watch Freeks banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

And you still had time to keep us posted:c:c:c.
Again, glad things are heading in the right direction. We had a similar circumstance about 4 years ago......no power, 21 degrees for 5 days, friggin brrrrrrrr!!!

But the good news.......if you hadn't heard or figured it out, G Fox has something for ya! That's all I'm saying.........:c:c

CJ

UKWolfeman wrote:
Thanks CJ. Was a rough few days for sure. First went to pick up my new car in KY/OH got stuck there because I couldn't drive back into WV. Nobody was at the house to get the generator going and save the refrig goods so by the time I got back late Monday it was terrible for sure but we made it through. The worst part was when the water ran out sometime late Monday as well because the water pumping station didn't have generators on site to keep water pumping so until last evening bottled water was a hot item in this area. All is well as of this evening even though we are expecting some outages again after the holiday so that power crews can repair lines further. Still a bunch of lines laying on the ground but patched up enough so families in the area will have the much needed power for Christmas.

Seattle wrote:
Man Mikey!!! What an ordeal! Glad things are getting back to normal! Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!:b
We certainly have missed ya around here.

CJ

UKWolfeman wrote:
Power back this morning so hopefully it will allow for a great Christmas. Hope everyone has a wonder Christmas and a Happy New Year!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

I'm going to call him Monday for sure.

Seattle wrote:
Again, glad things are heading in the right direction. We had a similar circumstance about 4 years ago......no power, 21 degrees for 5 days, friggin brrrrrrrr!!!

But the good news.......if you hadn't heard or figured it out, G Fox has something for ya! That's all I'm saying.........:c:c

CJ

UKWolfeman wrote:
Thanks CJ. Was a rough few days for sure. First went to pick up my new car in KY/OH got stuck there because I couldn't drive back into WV. Nobody was at the house to get the generator going and save the refrig goods so by the time I got back late Monday it was terrible for sure but we made it through. The worst part was when the water ran out sometime late Monday as well because the water pumping station didn't have generators on site to keep water pumping so until last evening bottled water was a hot item in this area. All is well as of this evening even though we are expecting some outages again after the holiday so that power crews can repair lines further. Still a bunch of lines laying on the ground but patched up enough so families in the area will have the much needed power for Christmas.

Seattle wrote:
Man Mikey!!! What an ordeal! Glad things are getting back to normal! Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!:b

CJ

UKWolfeman wrote:
Power back this morning so hopefully it will allow for a great Christmas. Hope everyone has a wonder Christmas and a Happy New Year!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Very Cool!:)

CJ

UKWolfeman wrote:
I'm going to call him Monday for sure.

Seattle wrote:

CJ

UKWolfeman wrote:

Seattle wrote:

CJ

UKWolfeman wrote:

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Well as Christmas Day is winding down I reflected back on the day. The best part of Christmas is the look on the faces of your children when they get up and run into the family room. Absolutely priceless. This was the first Christmas where my wife and kids spent alone time for the entire day and it was well worth it and I believe made it more enjoyable. After a long awesome morning of presents and time together the family enjoyed a nice lunch and went to a movie. Everyone wanted to see Avatar and since I had already seen it and loved it I tagged along for that as well. Christmas Day was just a great family experience this year and am looking forward to these great experiences on future Christmas Days. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Another day of Christmas presents at the in laws today. Always a nice time and good eats and hanging out with family. Will be shocked if anything interesting comes my way but should be interesting. Kids always have a great time and that is what's most important. Will have about 20 people running around in a small house........

Again I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Well just now getting around to posting a bit about my big Christmas present for this year. The wife and I have been needing a 2nd and this is what I decided upon. Thanks to the wife for letting me pick this bad girl out and getting her. My wife was beyond awesome this Christmas. Wasn't expecting anything else for Christmas but even after this she gets me that watch box. Just unreal. Very grateful she is so good to me. Didn't think it was appropriate to post this out in the Just Ordered or Arrived Today section because well it is not a watch......

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Guys I am at one of those points in life where I need a lot of prayer and thoughts. I will be away from the forum for a while and not sure when I will be back. Not about the forum as I have 5 alarm personal problems and just need to cope right now. Wish me well and hope to talk to you guys soon.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Guys I am at one of those points in life where I need a lot of prayer and thoughts. I will be away from the forum for a while and not sure when I will be back. Not about the forum as I have 5 alarm personal problems and just need to cope right now. Wish me well and hope to talk to you guys soon.
Mike - I am very sorry to hear about whatever is going on with you. You know my number. Please feel free to call ANYTIME if you need anything or just need to talk.

James

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Same here Brotha - whatever it is -sometimes its best if you talk to someone to put things in perspective

i sent you a pm - be good Mike!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Mike, your in our thoughts. I'm sorry to hear this, I hope everything works out...if ya need to talk say the word.

CJ

UKWolfeman wrote:

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Mike,

I'm sorry to hear about this. If you need anything at all please PM me. I will keep you in my prayers my friend. Please keep your family here updated so we can assist you in any way possible. Good luck to you brother.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Back on a limited basis. Have so much to focus on right now in my personal life. Thanks everyone for all thoughts and prayers. Things are looking up. Will be around.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Back on a limited basis. Have so much to focus on right now in my personal life. Thanks everyone for all thoughts and prayers. Things are looking up. Will be around.
Mike,

It's good to see you back. I hope everything is going better. We have missed having you around. You had better start posting because I'm getting closer to passing you up Ha Ha LOL!!! J/K my friend. Keep us updated.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Welcome back my friend. It is good to hear that things are better. Our prayers have been with you.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
imported post

Hey man- I hope things are well and you are doing OK - hope to see you around again soon. Be well.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

I haven't put a darn thing up on my blog lately. I guess the biggest thing I have going on right now is a search for leather straps for my Sunsets and my XWind. I am looking at ridinfool but any other ideas out there. I want something big and beefy for them as they deserve it.

Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Well obviously as many know found my straps through BJ. Great straps and looking forward to more and really appreciate his giveaway for all the freeks. My next venture is deciding my next move.

As many of you know my collections consists primarily of Oris and Hamilton with a splattering of Zodiac, Deep Blue and Vostok. I am pretty much done with trading as I do not wish to part with any in my current collection at all so seems saving for the next acquistion is to begin and I plan on holding out for the right watch. What to purchase? Several on my mind and not necessarily brand new as I could go preowned.

The big watch in my site is the ORIS TT1 MEISTERTAUCHER REGULATOR TITAN DIVERS WATCH 49mm. Already know the fit and feel of Oris and am impressed so do I go here orsomewhere else. The issue here is that I have 2 TT1s and might have a bit of overkill with this style at that point but could move a TT1 at that point I guess. Sinn U1 another nice diver if at the right price. Also love some of the newer TAG. Love the idea of acquiring my ultimate grail Omega Planet Ocean but I just don't see myself going therequite yet.

Huge diver fan so probably want to stay in that arena. I am as always open to people's thoughts and reviews on watches as it may aid in my direction so pleasefeel free to post some suggestions and details in my blog. As always thanks for reading.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

The Oris is nice but if you want something different -i would suggest this one - this will probably be my next piece if i can hold out for it -next year - or sell some off and "earn it"

to me this is a sweet Diver that should be in everyone's collection - JMHO

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Well obviously as many know found my straps through BJ. Great straps and looking forward to more and really appreciate his giveaway for all the freeks. My next venture is deciding my next move.

As many of you know my collections consists primarily of Oris and Hamilton with a splattering of Zodiac, Deep Blue and Vostok. I am pretty much done with trading as I do not wish to part with any in my current collection at all so seems saving for the next acquistion is to begin and I plan on holding out for the right watch. What to purchase? Several on my mind and not necessarily brand new as I could go preowned.

The big watch in my site is the ORIS TT1 MEISTERTAUCHER REGULATOR TITAN DIVERS WATCH 49mm. Already know the fit and feel of Oris and am impressed so do I go here orsomewhere else. The issue here is that I have 2 TT1s and might have a bit of overkill with this style at that point but could move a TT1 at that point I guess. Sinn U1 another nice diver if at the right price. Also love some of the newer TAG. Love the idea of acquiring my ultimate grail Omega Planet Ocean but I just don't see myself going therequite yet.

Huge diver fan so probably want to stay in that arena. I am as always open to people's thoughts and reviews on watches as it may aid in my direction so pleasefeel free to post some suggestions and details in my blog. As always thanks for reading.
The Regulator is sweet and while the style of the watch is similar to your TT1s it is a very different dial and color combination. That is one cool and unique watch. Like I want the 47mm 7750 Black and Red Oris that has the same case as my TT1, the colors and dial layout are just so different it is like a completely different watch.

101 - 120 of 124 Posts