Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Rolex GMT Master that requires a service.
Because of the costings I would rather not send it back to Rolex.
Does anybody know of a good service centre in the United Kingdom for a service/refurbish.

Please help, many thanks in advance for your time, regards Gary.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
I have a 1994 Rolex GMT Master that requires a service.
Because of the costings I would rather not send it back to Rolex.
Does anybody know of a good service centre in the United Kingdom for a service/refurbish.

Please help, many thanks in advance for your time, regards Gary.

I realise the costs may be prohibitive, as well as the time involved. Back and forth to Switzerland and so on. Is there an AD that can provide you with a quote? From what I've heard, Rolex will completely refurbish the watch, even changing the bezel insert, dial and crystal if necessary. It may be worth the money and wait.

However, this is sometimes the very reason owners of older Rolex watches refrain from sending it back to Rolex. Gone are the dial with patina and the faded bezel :D

Good luck with your quest but please do some research on Rolex's stance on work being done by non Rolex approved watch makers.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realise the costs may be prohibitive, as well as the time involved. Back and forth to Switzerland and so on. Is there an AD that can provide you with a quote? From what I've heard, Rolex will completely refurbish the watch, even changing the bezel insert, dial and crystal if necessary. It may be worth the money and wait.

However, this is sometimes the very reason owners of older Rolex watches refrain from sending it back to Rolex. Gone are the dial with patina and the faded bezel :D

Good luck with your quest but please do some research on Rolex's stand on work being done by non Rolex approved watch makers.
Many thanks for the information, I am trying to explore all possible avenues before sending it away.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
Many thanks for the information, I am trying to explore all possible avenues before sending it away.

I'm sorry I couldn't really be of assistance, even in my own country the only route I would know off is the nearest AD. (The one I once bought my Sub).

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
How about THIS one?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers I will give it a look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts