Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new blade from Massdrop and it may have reignited my love with EDC folders. Now the titanium blue is at war with the Spyderco for rights to my pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hey Dub...
I had the bug for a little while bought a dozen or so Spyders, Benchmade among them..didn't stick like watches tho

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
I also have the knife bug, though not as bad as watches. I will get a pic later but I can post what I have here in the truck with me. I have 2 Off Grid Rapid Fire's, a Fat Boy as well as their newest blade the Black Mamba. I also have a Benchmade 940-2 as well as a Mass Drop Perpetual. I forgot my Southern Grind Spider Monkey which is a Zac Brown knife. He owns Southern Grind.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Used to collect Case knives, started as a connection to my grandfather. I only seem to have a few left though, not much to see here.

Kinda got into Leatherman, Victorinox, Gerber and SOG multi-tools too.

Again, we have very much in common. The second and third from the top are just the kind of pocket knives I like. Classic and comparable to the kind of watches I like.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Classic and comparable to the kind of watches I like.
Comfortable in the pocket too. That little guy on the bottom is always with me. I've had it for maybe 35 years yet lose it nearly every Christmas day. You know, while folks borrow it to get into their packages!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I need a multi-tool too. Postponed buying one but instead buying other knives. I'll go for Leatherman, the first, the original. For in the glove compartment of my car.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I need a multi-tool too. Postponed buying one but instead buying other knives. I'll go for Leatherman, the first, the original. For in the glove compartment of my car.
Not shown is the Leatherman in our old Land Cruiser center console, Frans. ;) I think it's called the "Crunch". Typical multi-tool but with a locking vise-grip style plier feature.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Not shown is the Leatherman in our old Land Cruiser center console, Frans. ;) I think it's called the "Crunch". Typical multi-tool but with a locking vise-grip style plier feature.

We must be related somehow :D I also have a bundle of Tyraps in a special bag in the trunk, along with some other stuff like a blanket. Never had to use it but you'll never know.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I think with the Leatherman, the Tyraps and some duct tape you're ready for anything. At that point, I am the weakest link.

My name is Frans 'Angus MacGyver' Hens :D :D To be honest (and to my shame ;)) the time I had a flat tyre I just called the service number that came with my car (on a credit card sized pass) and they changed the wheel for me. It was raining and cold and I really, really didn't want to fumble around with greasy tools that day. They (ANWB) are trained professionals with all the equipment, complete with an inflatable lifter cushion, they don't use a jack. I kinda apologized but the foreman of the two (he let an apprentice do the work, it was part of his final exam) told me not to worry. It's our job and you paid for it.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I want one of those inflatable lifter cushion things! I've only changed a tire one time and the jack was the worst part of it. Dark, couldn't see the proper jack points, uneven surface... no thanks. I only did it to impress the girl (whose car it was) I was dating at the time. ;)

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I want one of those inflatable lifter cushion things! I've only changed a tire one time and the jack was the worst part of it. Dark, couldn't see the proper jack points, uneven surface... no thanks. I only did it to impress the girl (whose car it was) I was dating at the time. ;)

Yes, the things we do to impress a girl :D No need for that any more, takes a lot of effort and sometimes money ;). The better restaurants over here still have menus that are handed over to the female, they don't show prices.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Side note: she drove a Peugeot 504. Very popular back then, even here, yet I haven't seen one in easily 20 years.

Sorry for the threadjacking.

I apologise as well. In my enthusiasm I sometimes get off track. I don't mind that other members hijack my threads, that's usually when the fun starts!

·
Super Moderator
9,354 Posts
Unfortunately don't have any knives as amazing as you, and all the guys
above DubyaDubya. But totally see that all of them, as well as the entire
hobby is beyond cool !!! :cool2: :rockon:

Love all the different types, and styles, along with exceptional craftsmanship !

Holy cowza, so much fun to see everyone ! ..Fantastic ! :smileyface_hand_cla Could easily
see myself getting into them. Thanks so much !!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All good & no worry about "threadjacking", I dig hearing stories and seeing the other types of collecting that peeps engage in. Great collections y'all

1 - 20 of 20 Posts