Double OT

UConn 33 ND 30

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

GO HUSKIES!!!!

Finally a win after the murder of Jasper Howard 4-5 weeks ago. After 4 last minute losses we are back. Big win for the program to go in to South Bend and stick it to those 100,000 pompous living in the past ND fans!

woooo hooooo

ps - good by to Charlie Weiss. You are FIRED.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

ND is better than what they have shown all year.....time for a change again.

Congrats to UConn on a big win though!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

WatchNut wrote:
Goodbye Charlie Weis, Hello Urban Meyer - color him "Golden Dome"
In my opinion there is no way he leaves Florida. I just don't see it. ND is not the glory job it once was and Florida is. Meyer has turned down pro jobs recently so I just don't see it.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

The Timing for him leaving UF is perfect and here's why I think He will at least seriously listen and consider theND Head Coach position:

1) Tim Tebow is gone.
2) many sr's and Jr's to be drafted by NFL. UF will be rebuilding for a couple years.
3) At least 1 and maybe 2 Heisman Trophys in 3 years.
4) 3 National Championships in 4 years. Yes, the will win again this year.
5) Head Coach of the most well known and storied College Football Program in the history of College Football.
6) The challenge to bring the most famous football program back to National Prominence and National Championship contender, and really create a place in College Football History for himself.
7) More $$$ than UF could ever imagine. (not really a factor)
8) Lastly, there is simply nothing left for him to accomplish at UF.

Why not rebuild at ND instead of UF??

Pro football doesn't have the excitement or emotion that College ball does. Working with kids takes a special talent. Adults (pros) treat the game as a job.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

well that all might be true, but I think ND is such a mess and all that "history" is just that - history. I do not think you see them ever returning to the old glory days. They should have moved conferences years ago, but they ran scared from joining the bigger conferences.

Rudy will just be an great memory. Lou Holtz will be just a pleasant daydream.

Even Urban Meyer can not save the program IMHO.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Congrats to UConn! Sounds like it was a great game with UConn beating the Irish in double overtime. ....Bob

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

They are still independent and have there own TV network (NBC). They don't have to share revenues like conference schools do. I certainly agree about the program being a mess for several years now. Weis was never a good fit and the poor coach before him didn't get much of a chance imho. I think the draw of Meyer could turn the program around. He is the best College Football Head Coach in the country at this time imho, and I am not only NOT a UF fan, I am a FSU alumni and truly detest the Gators, but I love and watch alot of college football and know the real deal when I see it. You look what he did at Utah, a nothing football program before he came there and made them a contender with very little talent compared to the big programs. And now with what he has accomplished at UF, he would draw alot of the best recruits from across the country.

It may never happen, but I beleive IF he was going to leave UF, this would be the one job that he would take.

I do think the offer will be made, so we will see in about 7 weeks or so.

Stranger things have happened.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I also like Meyer and think he is a good couch. I guess we will see.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I just need to bump this because I am basking in the glow of this win.....

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Step into my office Charlie, cuz you're f'ng fired!

Urban Meyer has NO reason to go to ND. He's king in Florida and he's right dead in the middle of the ripest recruiting ground imaginable! He can pull most top recruits that he wants and kids want to play in great weather and in the top NFL minor league...the SEC. Sure, at ND you're on TV every weekend also, but what good is it when everyone is watching you lose to Navy, UConn, and needing a last second touch down to beat San Diego St. (last season).
They'll ask Meyer, they absolutely have to, but they're probably going to bring in Chip Kelly, assuming Jon Gruden's ESPN contract doesn't include an out clause for the ND job should it become available.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I agree. There are so many big name pro coaches out there right now that would be interested.

Hell, I have heard the current UCONN's coach's name mentioned since he has had so much success in recent years.

It is to bad about Charlie because he really was a perfect person on paper for the job, but just could not put all that talent together and win the big games when needed.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the link!!! That closes that book. Up until today, he hadn't said a word, now he has and it's done. Oh well, I guess it was just wishfull thinking, on my part,to have Tebow and Meyer leave Florida at the same time.

That was a great win for the Huskies!!! ND is a tough place to go inand win. I know FSU went to South Bend and won the 1st time and at the time there were only a handful of teams that had ever done that.

I think I saw something that the Cincinnati Bearcats coach will be a candidate. He's had alot of success. Being from Tampa originally, I would love to see Jon Gruden go the ND.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts