Watch Freeks banner

661 - 680 of 680 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #663
Remember when Rolling Stone Magazine was about music. The current cover is more then a disappointment, it is offensive. It seems we as a people constantly glorify the monsters and "shitheads" around us. Mass murderers, terrorists, and generally evil people are featured and unexplainable promoted. The fact the screaming and almost definitely legally insane Nancy Grace is a wildly popular television "star" is maddening to me. She is an ambulance chasing vampire who survives by making herself the main focus of every monster's trial. Obviously the Rolling Stone cover is a desperate attempt to stay relevant. Less and less people read paper magaziness any more and readership drops with each day as more and more is available online. But to stoop this low to gain any attention will end up costing people their jobs I bet. Someone always takes a fall when literally everyone thinks you have crossed a line this big.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Lol!
It's nothing that he doesn't already know.
I'm just commenting is all....and I really don't follow my own advice either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
yeah i agree with u TC ...is so easy for us to giving any advice to another person what they must to do but is difficult and little bit hard for us to follow our own advice....but if we want a little hard on ourselves maybe we can also run our own advice as well but it is in need right intention and willingness we want to run it or not

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #666
I am currently 38,000 feet above somewhere in Arizona heading to LA for a meeting and typing on my iPhone that is connected to the internet.

I love technology.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Have you found any local jewelry stores that carry anything decent (other than Reeds and Jared), or do you buy most of yours online?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #668
Hey there - Mostly online. There are a few good pawn shops in the area with quality stuff but it is really hit or miss and you have to check all of the time.

Where have you been looking in our area?

·
Registered
657 Posts
All the mall stores, Jared, the pawn shop at Chapel Hill/Western/Hillsborough st by Sonic, Johnson Jeweler's downtown Cary (only decent Seikos I've seen). I guess the real neat stuff that's somewhat affordable is sold online since there's no retail overhead etc.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #670
All the mall stores, Jared, the pawn shop at Chapel Hill/Western/Hillsborough st by Sonic, Johnson Jeweler's downtown Cary (only decent Seikos I've seen). I guess the real neat stuff that's somewhat affordable is sold online since there's no retail overhead etc.
Yup, that is pretty much the way it works these days. Rare to find something in the wild for the same type of deals you can get online.

Hopefully we can all connect someday soon in the Raleigh area.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #671
We really are beholden to the numbers and days on the 12 pages of the calendar. Our lives revolve around specific days, or the weekly arrival of the weekend, or annual events that we sometimes fabricate increased significance for. Today is really no different then yesterday, tomorrow, or any other day. For me today is simply day 16,361 on the planet.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #672
Delays delays delays again this week.

5th week in a row my plane is delayed due to weather somewhere.

Never seen it this bad or this regular.

Currently on a plane for a 1-2 hour "ground stop" on the runway. Fun never ends

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
Delays delays delays again this week.

5th week in a row my plane is delayed due to weather somewhere.

Never seen it this bad or this regular.

Currently on a plane for a 1-2 hour "ground stop" on the runway. Fun never ends
i do not miss having to fly for my job. hope the bar cart is available ;)

·
Registered
593 Posts
I heard a news clip about a woman demanding a flight be stopped bc she was sleeping on the tray and the person in front of her leaned the seat back. They got into a verbal altercation and they actually gave into her request and the flight got delayed. I'd have been pissed.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #675
I heard a news clip about a woman demanding a flight be stopped bc she was sleeping on the tray and the person in front of her leaned the seat back. They got into a verbal altercation and they actually gave into her request and the flight got delayed. I'd have been pissed.

This has happened 2-3 times in the past month. There is a huge debate right now about leaning seats back and into the people behind them. I see it every week when I am traveling.

·
Registered
593 Posts
This has happened 2-3 times in the past month. There is a huge debate right now about leaning seats back and into the people behind them. I see it every week when I am traveling.

I used to have to travel often for work and saw a lot but never this. "The leg room wars" lol. Delaying everyone's flight for their stupidity. Nope, I'd have to take over get people to swap seats and broker that to work. No consideration for who else is on that flight or their situation. The world becomes more ridiculous by the day.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #677
20 months of being on the road. I am tired.

I don't have a problem with traveling for work and I enjoy interacting with the different offices and employees at each location. But some weeks I am just tired and miss my own bed.

Heading home tonight. Can't wait to see the family (and my own bed, lol)

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
20 months of being on the road. I am tired.

I don't have a problem with traveling for work and I enjoy interacting with the different offices and employees at each location. But some weeks I am just tired and miss my own bed.

Heading home tonight. Can't wait to see the family (and my own bed, lol)

I couldn't do it! I hate traveling for business. For pleasure is another issue. But I could never surrvie in a job where it was required to be a road warrior. I hate planes, I hate hotels, I do like eating in nice restaurants when the company is paying. But even that benefit is not enough. I'm glad you are holding up. It is not easy. Good luck my friend.

661 - 680 of 680 Posts