Watch Freeks banner

641 - 660 of 680 Posts

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

I plan on retiring at 62...don't know how I will do that, but that is my plan. I have a few things in place but the economy is not co-operating. Housing prices are down, you can't earn any interest on savings or CD's, and I don't have the stomach for the stock market. Maybe I should put all my money in watches.....What? I already am! Oh, I need to reconsider because that is not working either. :)

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #642
imported post

Sky said she wanted to go to the North Pole and see Santa. Best I could do on short notice with a camera and Photoshop, lol. She liked it so that was fun.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #645
imported post

How in the world can I protect my children if there are psychopaths everywhere.
I can't just lock them up in my home and barricade the windows and arm myself to the roof with weapons. I can't just remove them completely from the society and "system" and daily routines (school, daycare, sports, etc) that they love so much. So what do I do??? How can I guarantee that their school will not be invaded by some crazy person who will hurt them for no reason at all (gun, bomb, car, WHATEVER). How can I know without a shadow of a doubt that some terrorist OR pissed off ******* wont decide that today is the day to make a statement in North Carolina and my family will end up as collateral damage?? My wife and I work so so hard to provide for our family and it seems SO pointless when stuff like today can just happen anytime and anywhere.

·
Registered
91 Posts
imported post

Is it enough to protect your children or as the case maybe in some situations where parents have no idea what is going on with their children. Parenting is a complicated thing, with no instruction manuals provided, children learn from adults and if the adults aren't watching then what are the children learning?
As a caring parent, it scares you to hear of terrible things that happen (another shooting!!!), innocent lives destroyed, yet the response will be the same, looking for someone or something to blame. Reality is that until people take responsibility for there action/inaction's nothing will change. The government will try to do something with gun controls but the lobby group is too powerful, until caring parents unite and demand a safer environment. Unfortunately for some to make it safer you need to have your own guns!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #647
imported post

Taking Cole to his first college basketball game. Heading to the NC State game vs Stanford!

Attachments

·
Registered
673 Posts
imported post

Just kidding, love all 5 of my children and 13 grandchildren, life would not be the same with out them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #649
imported post

UNQUESTIONABLY the BEST present wrapping in the history of the entire universe for Ann's Christmas gifts. Accomplished in partnership with Cole and Sky. Look at the fine original artwork on each present done by the well known artists Cole and Sky. Please also note the exquisite hand drawn pink labels using post it notes on each present that accompany AND compliment perfectly the yellow paper used as wrapping paper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #650
imported post

Time to start 2013 .... for better or worse.

·
Registered
673 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
UNQUESTIONABLY the BEST present wrapping in the history of the entire universe for Ann's Christmas gifts. Accomplished in partnership with Cole and Sky. Look at the fine original artwork on each present done by the well known artists Cole and Sky. Please also note the exquisite hand drawn pink labels using post it notes on each present that accompany AND compliment perfectly the yellow paper used as wrapping paper.
+1000

Great job and Happy New Years to you and yours.

Michael

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #652
imported post

Many who know me know that I absolutely love nachos. The combination of really good chips and cheese, topped by a mountain of veggies, meat and more cheese. But not the crap that almost every restaurant offers. For me nachos are an art form. My Layered Hand Made Nachos take hours to prepare, but that is part of the fun. I pre cut all the veggies, pre cook the meat, pre season everything, and then mix it all together with shredded cheese (sometimes shredded by hand) in a massive bowl. I then lay out the first layer of chips at the very bottom of the over sized flat pan and literally cover each chip individually by hand with an equal amount of the toppings I premixed. A layer of cheese and into the over in goes for a quick warming. Once the cheese is just starting to melt I pull out the giant pan and hand place the second layer of chips, again individually covering each chip with the toppings so EVERY SINGLE chip will be a PERFECT NACHO. I will be a Nacho Nirvana. This repeats for as many layers as I decide to go - which is always about 2-3 layers to many. Each layer melted perfectly and connected to the next above and below it - like the relationships that intertwine our daily lives. They are more then a meal on a special day like today with the Super Bowl on. They are an eatable Picasso majestically melting to perfection in my oven. They are both healthy and horribly unhealthy at the same time (once the sour cream, avocados, and endless other options are added). They transcend both space and time and for me are the equivalent of a religion worthy of worship. A tear slowly leaves my eye and rolls down my cheek. That is from the finely chopped onions, both red and yellow. It's almost time to eat.....

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/oXFYTHDDuHo[/flash]

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #654
imported post

This is what Easter is all about for us. Annual big big party at our close friends. The kids had so much fun!

·
Registered
289 Posts
imported post

My children all live out of state and are in there mid to late 30's and you will see they grow up very fast. They all are home together twice a year and the talk always comes around to the holidays when the were young kids just like yours.

Happy Easter to you and the family and great pics.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #656
Getting up at 4:45am each morning to go to the gym is getting harder and harder. Hate getting older and feeling what I always said would never happen to me like "everyone else"....

·
Registered
657 Posts
I used to get up at 4:20, then leave for a 6 mile run at 4:50. I injured my right achilles last October and haven't done any regular running since. I worked up to this since 2007 when I lost 75 pounds. I was OCD about it like everything else, so I really struggled when I had to stop, so I feel your pain. Somehow, I've only put on 5-8 pounds since then with NO regular exercise. I did those runs on M-W-F. I miss doing it just for the feeling of accomplishment each time. I'm soon to be 42 and as of last summer, felt I was in the best shape of my life.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Getting up at 4:45am each morning to go to the gym is getting harder and harder. Hate getting older and feeling what I always said would never happen to me like "everyone else"....
Doesn't help that you run yourself ragged with work, home , kids etc .,,eat alot of fast food , and don't get alot of sleep.

When your young, you can do that. As you get older you need to start eating better and getting proper rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Thanks Dr Chef !!!:smileyface_hand_cla

Doesn't help that you run yourself ragged with work, home , kids etc .,,eat alot of fast food , and don't get alot of sleep.

When your young, you can do that. As you get older you need to start eating better and getting proper rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

641 - 660 of 680 Posts