Watch Freeks banner

621 - 640 of 680 Posts

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sky

My baby girl will be 23 tomorrow. Enjoy them when they are little. Those are the best words of advice I can give you. they grow up very quickly.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

WOW Time flys - i remember when she was born

she happens to have her birthday on my wedding anniversary

me & my Gal are hitched 23 years today!!!

best decision i ever made!!!

congrats and hope she has a great day James!!

G

TVDinner wrote:
My baby girl Sky is 2 today. My kids and family are everything to me. They easily and quickly make me forget about the stresses of work, watch forum drama (lol), and most of the other daily things that sometimes make life seem hard. Happy birthday sky. I love you very much you crazy, wild, and beautiful girl.

·
Registered
923 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
My baby girl Sky is 2 today. My kids and family are everything to me. They easily and quickly make me forget about the stresses of work, watch forum drama (lol), and most of the other daily things that sometimes make life seem hard.  Happy birthday sky. I love you very much you crazy, wild, and beautiful girl.

My baby girl is 24 today!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #624
imported post

Congrats George on your anniversary. That is awesome. I hope you guys have a great day!

Happy birthday to your daughter also dpage!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #625
imported post

Been thinking a lot about "friends" versus "friendly-with" lately.

Seem to know a lot of people, but actual "friends", well that is a different story all together.

I guess it is all how you classify "friends" in your life. For me it seems to be real friends vs fake friends - which again puts me back at friends vs friendly-with.

Always hard to know which classification the people I interact with daily should be in ......

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #626
imported post

Starting on Friday at a birthday dinner for a friend and through tonight (Sunday night), this has far and away been the worst 3 days of eating I can ever remember. I actually think I damaged my body.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #627
imported post

2 different things I ordered (non watch related) arrived broken 2 days in a row. I AM SO SICK OF PEOPLE NOT CARING ABOUT THEIR JOBS AND DOING A SHITTY JOB!!!!!!!

Both packages were packed so poorly inside and with nothing written "fragile" on the outside - that it is no wonder they arrived broken.

I am so frustrated with crappy work by people who clearly and obviously don't care about doing a good job or having ANY pride in what they do.

There is NO accountability anymore it seems and that upsets me greatly.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #628
imported post

Amazing how some kind words out of the blue can turn an entire day around.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #629
imported post

I have seen the quality of applicants steadily DECLINE over the past decade. It seems to come down to CARING and PRIDE, which it seems many of the applicants I have seen DON'T HAVE anymore.

And this is not just the younger generation from what I have seen. A general "attitude" seems to have infected many ages of applicants with an assumption that they are supposed to be given everything and don't have to work hard for it. What every happened to EARNING your position initially and then ongoing. Just seems to have been forgotten.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
I have seen the quality of applicants steadily DECLINE over the past decade. It seems to come down to CARING and PRIDE, which it seems many of the applicants I have seen DON'T HAVE anymore.

And this is not just the younger generation from what I have seen. A general "attitude" seems to have infected many ages of applicants with an assumption that they are supposed to be given everything and don't have to work hard for it. What every happened to EARNING your position initially and then ongoing. Just seems to have been forgotten.
I see this from both sides. Many, many young applicants are willing to work hard and learn from the bottom up, but companies aren't giving them a chance to get on the job and learn. They reject them as "not enough experience". How do they get experience without that first opportunity?

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
imported post

Unfortunately, it's the way society is here in the US. I have seen both sides as well. I worked my tail off to get where I'm at. Literally started at the bottom, worked long hours, learning the industry and business until someone gave me my shot to advance my career.

Unfortunately though, I have also seen other friends work just as hard, but their efforts never were rewarded and others above them took credit for their work.

And I've also seen others come in with no experience, literally have no clue what they were doing, yet were given high positions for no other reason other than the boss liked the guy.

I think it all comes down to each individual and what choices they make and the person they decide they want to become. After all, jobs come and go, but who you choose to be remains with you forever.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #632
imported post

Where exactly have all of the years gone? Sometimes I don't recognize the person who stares back at me in the mirror as being the person I thought I would be by now.

Just so fast.... To fast.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/dVC2cszdTao[/flash]

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #635
imported post

Started a new job 4 weeks ago and it has been great, but very very long hours and about 2 hours away from the family. Been commuting back and forth every 3-4 days at a time. Not easy, but very positive for the long term bigger pictures.

Miss the kids when I am away but everyone will be moving in the next month hopefully.

Working hard. working hard.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #636
imported post

I am not one to ever promote crazy end of the world theories or think movies like The Day After Tomorrow will come true - but there is no way to deny the EXTREME and unusual weather we have had the past few years - that only seems to be escalating to higher and more destructive levels with each passing year. Wind and thunderstorms creating the largest power outage in history, 10 inches or more of rain, temperatures higher then ever before by wide margins. Might be time to start stockpiling cans of Spam and looking for a bunker hideaway deep inside in a mountain ....

Today it is 100 degrees out and now 10 minutes later we are having marble sized to golf ball sized hail. Don't this this weather is extreme and unusual then you are nuts...

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #638
imported post

andrema wrote:
Time to get the tinfoil hat out James! :)
Naa - I am actually more worried about these guys then the world ending due to climate issues, lol

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #639
imported post

police in airports, polices in supermarkets (even in really nice upscale areas), police in shopping centers, police at movie theaters. It seems we need more police ...... everywhere. Scary world we live in. Scary

And I want to know why CRAZY people don't just KILL THEMSELVES before they decide to go out and kill others. Just kill yourself please and DON'T shoot up a movie theater or school or other busy area.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #640
imported post

I think as I get older I am working earlier and earlier in the day and longer and longer hours. I thought it was supposed to be reversed.

The funny thing is that I don't know of just about anyone who is going to be able to, or is even planning to - retire before 70, or even later. Just does not seem possible any more with bills and expenses.

Pretty depressing to think about to be honest.

621 - 640 of 680 Posts