Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

. . . he keeps putting up all these lay-me-down cool Seikos and Citizens!!!! I've been looking more and more at the Seiko divers and Kinetics, and the Eco-Drives as it is . . . . and He's just driving the nails deeper and deeper!!!!! The new Bulova autos are looking really tasty as well . . . . ahhh sh!t, I should'nt have even mentioned that . . . .

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Hi Randyswagon, I have heard that Citizen purchased Bulova. Now I guess Citizen now can purchase the Eta movements through Acutron which they now own. At one time Bulova was a huge name in the watch industry. I am starting to think that they might be again putting those Swiss movements in the Bulova Line. If somebody knows different please chime in. ....Bob

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Well I'da know nuttin aboud no movements, but dose watches are verwy, verwy freegin cool!!

Gotta check'em out. Randy, have you been pricing them? If so, what'dya got for us? Save some "leg work". Just sayin Bro. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

randyswagon wrote:
. . . he keeps putting up all these lay-me-down cool Seikos and Citizens!!!! I've been looking more and more at the Seiko divers and Kinetics, and the Eco-Drives as it is . . . . and He's just driving the nails deeper and deeper!!!!! The new Bulova autos are looking really tasty as well . . . . ahhh sh!t, I should'nt have even mentioned that . . . .
I am MORE then happy to be your WATCH ENABLER, lol

Oh and by the way - my next brand to feature and start posting a lot of info about many models I really like is ...... BULOVA .... just for you my friend :)

I might even create an entire new section for Bulova....just for you! :)

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

I agree; a very real "love hate" thing going on with the man!!!
James, just a reminder that my daughter still has college in her future! If she misses out I'll have her call Uncle James to explain!!:%:%:%

CJ

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

and the fun begins. I will be researching and posting the Bulova models I find and like all day today....just for Randy!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

LOL

I'm glad to see that Citizen has decided to keep some Swiss "heritage" in the Bulova models. I was worried that they would switch to Miyota movements (which there's nothing wrong with them . . . just not Swiss). :)

I like that Bulova with the SW200. It looks cool!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Well my last several watch purchases have been 1) Citizen Eco-Drive w/perpetual calendar 2) Accutron VX-200 Chronograph and 3) Seiko "Orange Monster". With that being said you can see that these threads have changed my watch collecting habits. I haven't picked up an Invicta in 2-3 months now.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

randyswagon wrote:
here you go Randy - enjoy!

http://www.watchfreeks.com/view_forum.php?id=11

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Bob wrote:
Hi Randyswagon, I have heard that Citizen purchased Bulova. Now I guess Citizen now can purchase the Eta movements through Acutron which they now own. At one time Bulova was a huge name in the watch industry. I am starting to think that they might be again putting those Swiss movements in the Bulova Line. If somebody knows different please chime in. ....Bob
Hi Bob,

Bulova -branded watches that I have seen use Citizen's Miyotas but the Accutron line is described on their website as Swiss made and use ETAs, ETA Valjoux and Sellita sw200s at least so far.

David

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

I like the Bulova's with the Swiss movements! I wonder when we will be seeing them available for purchase. I have not yet notice the new Swiss movement Bulovas for sale, on line yet. ....Bob

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

. . . . once we get past the Holidays, I'm going in this direction. The fit, finish and overall quality is really great on the Seiko/Citizen/Bulova lines. The ETA and Sellita power trains are icing on the cake on the Bulovas.

AND they are just flat out gorgeous in my eyes. They have some in the 48mm range, so the large case crowd may even get into them . . .

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I am a watch pusher, lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.