Watch Freeks banner

Turkey, ham or both??

4K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  RipitRon 
#1 ·
imported post

Our family does both; why, not sure. No one ever seems to touch the ham but my sister.....oh wait, she's the one that always brings it :%:%

CJ

Starts with appetizer during the games:

Homemade Blue Cheese dip w/veggies
Chips / dip
Artichoke / crab dip
Bread
Fruit

Then.......
Turkey, ham, dressing, potatoes & gravy, broccoli, cranberry sauce.........

Usually 2 pies, pumpkin & berry.

CJ

#4 ·
imported post

Turkey at Thanksgiving / Ham at Christmas for us. I make both. Use a fresh turkey for Thanksgiving (never frozen) and I like the Honey Baked Ham Company's ham for Christmas.

#15 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
That sucks!! You can come to my house for Thanksgiving. I always feel bad when I hear that people are eating alone on Thanksgiving.
That was my first thought when I read that too.

We will be enjoying turkey with all the traditional side dishes...The holiday season is beginning & I'm psyched !

#16 ·
imported post

I missed this; where are ya DJ? Anywhere near Seattle and you're more than welcome to hangout with the clan!!! Bring watches so we can play!!!:b:b

CJ

djpop wrote:
There is just me a turkey or ham is a waste so I will have a very small prime rib cooked on the BBQ, a bid salad and a couple glasses of wine.

#18 ·
imported post

I'm slow roasting our turkey today. I brined it yesterday in a mix of apple cider, herbs, salt water. Today...I am injecting it with a creole butter marinade, and putting a compound herb butter under the skin, and then a mix of canola and evoo on the skin, before cooking low and slow. I got out the meat grinider yesterday and made my own sage, veal and beef sausage to go into my cornbread stuffing. Also boiling some mirliton's for my wife's shrimp and mirliton casserole...a must have for anyone from New Orleans!!! Also making artichoke balls for a starter...oh..plenty of chips and dip for the football games too!!!:b:b:b

Can we say 5000 calories in one sitting!!!! Oh...lets not forget my pumpkin and pecan pie's I am making too!!!

#25 ·
imported post

I'm done with phase one of prep. I have a few minutes so I thought I'd check in. Then it will be time for the final push to get the meal on the table around 2pm. Everything is going smoothly so far. My wife and I are still speaking to each other. Maybe this year we will make it all the way to the table. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.