Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, I love dealing with Nate, aka Mesh Guy ! We've had a handful of great transactions and I love just chatting watches and miscellaneous stuff quite often with this great Freek ! Much love, brother !

Got this in as part of a trade. I told him I'd most likely flip it cus I thought it was way too big (on paper) but I don't think that way anymore.

It really wears like a 48mm but more comfortable than my only 46mm watch. Really preferring the 42-44mm range now but it's different with Tunas. The specs say 52mm.

I had a few Frankenmonsters I loved but the crown stuck out too much for me and the flat design didn't wear too comfy.

I took it two days in a row to work and it's like it wasn't even there, comfort wise. If Isofrane is a 100 in comfort level, these straps are another 100. Quality wise, I first thought they were a 85-90 compared to my Isofrane straps but then I did a side by side and I feel they are same in quality. The Seiko straps feel a little "silkier", for lack of a better word. I prefer the look of Isofrane though, by a lot.

The blue ceramic shroud is the main reason I took it to work cus I would not be scared of scratches. It also sticks out 1-2mm higher than the bezel, another plus.

Thank you, Nate!

If you ever let go of a Frankenmonster because of the comfort level but loved the watch, just get this or the other one with red accents.

I wouldn't consider taking this Baby Tuna with polished Ti shroud to work unless we had training.

Then I finally picked up a brand new SRP637 and immediately took off the OEM bracelet for this Armida bracelet I just picked up from WUS. I love this chunky bracelet on my Sharkmaster 1000 so I had to get another as soon as one became available.

I'll be buying another one of these bracelets as soon as I see one pop up again unless one of you grabs it first and then I'll be very happy for you :)

First time I saw this bracelet was on an Orient Sat Diver and looked like it was meant there from the beginning. It makes my Helson and this Tuna Monster feel incredibly well balanced. Like the case won't wobble out of the center of the wrist ever. Come to think of it, I should've contacted Armida a long time ago to purchase if they were available.

The lug to lug on this 47mm piece, makes it feel smaller on the wrist than my 45mm Viking and a lot more comfortable.

I bought brand new at a lower price than I've seen them sell preowned and I'm so happy it's finally mine after long, very long months on my wish list with a bunch of detours.

Can't wait for this one to arrive but I'm enjoying the wait.

Thanks for viewing !

·
Super Moderator
10,590 Posts
Looks unbelievably nice Luis !!! :smile-thumb2: :) Just the design alone rules with the case, and shroud, and alien-like shark's teeth markers. Then the added blue helps it reach a new level imho. It's out of this world when you actually take the time to think about all of it. It's classic, but like something we still won't see from other brands for many decades yet. :eek: Insanely cool Luis ! ..A giant congrats to you there !

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot !

It just arrived ! Wow !

Even put my first battle scar on it already cus I was struggling to take off the crappy rubber it came with.

I'm incredibly impressed. Spent all day with 637, then this bronze for a few minutes before work and now back giant blue Tuna on my first break at work.

Reactions: MikeyS

·
Super Moderator
10,590 Posts
You know Luis, there have been a lot of awesome Seiko mods, but this has to be up at the top for just the overall design, and combination of ideas ! :smileyface_hand_cla The finish plays a big part first off, and looks really well done, but then that vintage looking dial we talked about takes things to new levels honestly. Even the NATO fits perfect ! It's basically something like Seiko themselves could have designed !!! Fantastic Luis ! Giant congratulations once again ! :smile-thumb:

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot, everybody ! Much appreciated.

Tom, thank you. I was hoping it would look like it came straight from Seiko so I appreciate that a lot.

It is 48mm so it wears pretty much identical to war I think the regular Tunas wear and it really just feels super comfy. I do have to invest on a better engine some time. I wonder how it'll look with the black bezel inset I have with gold numerals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts