Watch Freeks banner

81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Watch Freek
688 Posts
😂 Justify.
if i had to justify a watch purchase i’d be back at Watch One.
I was a member here over a year before that purchase; the trusty Casio DW-5600E, used.
I know what you mean Funk, frankly anything over the $23 I dropped on that first watch seems absurd, even deplorable...okay I’m stopping right there before I start a fight with myself online.
When I first joined this forum in 2016 my main watch was this Timex I bought used for $35.

You Might wonder how I went from a $35 watch to a $3700 watch,it's because last December I sold My house and moved in with my girlfriend. I bought the house in 2014 for $112,000 and sold it for $165,000.

After spending some of my profits fixing up my girlfriend's house(new front deck,central air and a new garage door opener) I decided that it was ok to splurge and buy something nice for myself.

Oh and as to that Timex,the date function stopped advancing after I had owned it for a couple of months so I sold it to a pawn shop. Actually I sold all these watches to that pawn shop except the Gong Nong on the right. That one I gave to the girl I was dating at the time(we are still FB friends,lol).

·
Watch Freek
688 Posts

·
Senior Novice
3,235 Posts
I hear you, I wasn’t altogether serious. You post so many great articles about Rolex and I know you love that old school. I actually had the opportunity to try on the BB58 this past Monday. That is an incredible watch, but, side by side I find that I really do prefer the BB.
I’m excited having had the opportunity to check them both out And settle that mental debate

·
Watch Freek
688 Posts
I hear you, I wasn’t altogether serious. You post so many great articles about Rolex and I know you love that old school. I actually had the opportunity to try on the BB58 this past Monday. That is an incredible watch, but, side by side I find that I really do prefer the BB.
I’m excited having had the opportunity to check them both out And settle that mental debate
Don't get me wrong,I would love to have a Rolex but in order to do that I would have to buy one at retail though my local AD(who I now have a history with after buying the BB58). If I was lucky and she got me one then I would have to take $8100(plus tx) out of my savings account to pay for it. Then I would have to do another Mission Impossible(like page 2 of this thread) to buy it and sneak it back into my house. Even if I was successful in doing all that I would still have to hide it from my girlfriend which is something I don't have to do with my Tudor. She knows what a Rolex is,everyone does. Having said all this,I am still tempted to call my AD just to ask if it was possible to get one,lol.

Then again,after reading this article about what you have to do to a new stainless steel Submariner from an AD maybeI shouldn't even bother.

Besides,I already have a Sub,lol

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Senior Novice
3,235 Posts
It's nice to know the new model subs are only 8k, still out of my range but maybe someday. I like the use of their proprietary materials, very nice.

·
Senior Novice
3,235 Posts
The 7923 has a hand-wind movement, that's something I would like very much, they've remained true to form, I prefer the Snow Flakes over the previous offering. I love the Merc in the dark but haven't warmed up to that hand in the light.

·
Watch Freek
688 Posts
The 7923 has a hand-wind movement, that's something I would like very much, they've remained true to form, I prefer the Snow Flakes over the previous offering. I love the Merc in the dark but haven't warmed up to that hand in the light.
Tudor made a watch that looked like the 7923 but it was a one of a kind.

·
Super Moderator
13,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·

·
Watch Freek
688 Posts
81 - 100 of 139 Posts