Watch Freeks banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it comes with a proven workhorse movement , was either a chrono. or high grade movement .
there are four grades avail. and there are improvement in durability and performance as you go higher, made with better material and tighter tolerences.
as well as TUDOR tweaking the movement.

That's the one thing that currently bugs me about the Tudor Pelogos. It should be an in house movement over an ETA that's seen in so many watches.

·
Administrator
11,594 Posts
i know there is an ETA movement inside, is it the high grade or chrono. grade ETA ????
Thanks

It is a highly modified Top grade ETA 2824, not close to what you get "off the shelf" from the factory. But, the new models (2015) will have in-house Tudor movements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had always understood that the 2824-2 eta movement on both the black bay and pelagos was a top grade one, mine has flawlesly kept time well within cosc specs even though it doesn't have an in house movement. It's actually almost as accurate as my 41+ year old seiko 6105-8110 (serviced 6 months ago)

Watch Analog watch Gadget Watch accessory Fashion accessory

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it is TOP GRADE movement pimped up by ROLEX. :smileyface_hand_cla

I had always understood that the 2824-2 eta movement on both the black bay and pelagos was a top grade one, mine has flawlesly kept time well within cosc specs even though it doesn't have an in house movement. It's actually almost as accurate as my 41+ year old seiko 6105-8110 (serviced 6 months ago)

View attachment 70922

·
Administrator
11,594 Posts
i know there is an ETA movement inside, is it the high grade or chrono. grade ETA ????
Thanks

It is a top grade that is very highly modified by Tudor. It cannot really be compared to a factory ETA movement.

·
Administrator
11,594 Posts
I have a black bay and i love it. The movement and build quality are excellent. I assume the pelagos is the same.
All of the modern Tudor line are well built, you can't go wrong with any of them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.