Watch Freeks banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,361 Posts
Thank you AtomicTom! I will try to update this topic with new pics of this custom watch soon. BTW new design of forum looks fantastic, really love it, and now it is more comfortable to use!
Don’t mention it. It’s really cool following along with
everything as you go. Thank YOU, and really glad
you are enjoying the new look of the forum. It still
has that new car smell right?! 🙂

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Today I want to present you a new version of the Shield watch. Since the beginning of the creation of the first Shield watch, I wanted to make a unique version of this watch. Something that is pleasant to the eyes and pleasant to wear.

The case of this watch is made of 316L steel and has a size of 44mm and 11.2mm. The case diameter may seem large, but due to the good proportions, the watch looks good on the wrist (for example, my wrist is 16.5 cm, but nonetheless the watch does not seem large). I did not put my name and logo on the caseback since I hope that the future owner will want to engrave his name on it.

The dial of this watch is made of brass, the relief of the dial was applied using laser engraving. After that, the dial was sandblasted and rhodium plated, then the dial was coated with transparent blue enamel. It is very difficult to enamel the dial because it is important to carefully fill the relief of the numbers, but I tried as best I could and was pleased with the end result.

The two-pointed hand is made of steel completely by hand. The shield is also made entirely of silver by hand. For engraving a lion, I chose the method of laser engraving, since laser engraving allows you to achieve a high level of detail in the picture. After laser engraving, the shield was sandblasted to create a background that could emphasize the face of a lion. Initially, I wanted to perform a background using the hand hammer technique, but later I had to abandon this idea because it was too risky to process such a pattern in this engraving. After sandblasting, I polished the pattern. The shield itself is inserted into sapphire crystal.

In this watch I used an improved version of the ETA 6498-2 movement (also known as 6498-2 well kept version) with Geneva stripes and blued screws. I love this movement for its reliability, and the beautiful decoration like the Geneva stripes and the blued screws make it even more pleasant.

The strap of this watch is made of crocodile leather completely by hand. The buckle is made of hardened steel, also completely by hand.

This watch is a 1/1 unique piece. For any other information you can contact me through PM or email ([email protected]) you can also find me on instagram (tsoroevrashid).

·
Super Moderator
9,361 Posts
O.K. now this really is something Rashid, and is making me take
double, triple, and even quadruple takes ! 😃😵 Seriously am not
sure what is the best thing about all of this. On the one hand, the
watch itself is unbelievably stunning, along with unique, and not
something we ever see. However, then your passion for what you
did, or do is equally as awesome ! 😲

You can see it in your words, and then of course in your finished
masterpiece. Which gives watch fans everything they might ever
imagine in a watch. Think it's really extraordinary, and a joy just
to see. You should be so happy ! A giant congratulations 2 U here !!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thank you Atomic Tom, really appreciate your support 🙏

Thank you Reflex! Time reading is quite easy. This is the watch with the one hand and not just a one hand, but the one hand with two ends. On minute track you can see ten minute intervals, so on this pictures time on watch is 10.08, because short end of the hand is on X and long end is a close to the second dot on the ring (which is the end of the first 10 minute interval). I hope you understand (my English is not good enough, but i tried my best)

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Wow, simply Wow..... a thing of beauty and unique!

·
Super Moderator
9,361 Posts
Thank you Atomic Tom, really appreciate your support 🙏

Thank you Reflex! Time reading is quite easy. This is the watch with the one hand and not just a one hand, but the one hand with two ends. On minute track you can see ten minute intervals, so on this pictures time on watch is 10.08, because short end of the hand is on X and long end is a close to the second dot on the ring (which is the end of the first 10 minute interval). I hope you understand (my English is not good enough, but i tried my best)
You are very welcome, and have to thank YOU for sharing
all of this with us, and letting us enjoy this stunner with you
Rashid. 🙂 Really is such a unique watch with a design like
no other. Honestly is something we might expect to see at
Baselworld, or any of the other ultra cool watch shows. 😮

Big congrats once again !

21 - 29 of 29 Posts