Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have had my eye on the Traser H3 T4004 blue tritium watch but have not been able to purchase due to price and current financial situation.

However,
After going in today to check on black Friday deals to see if there's some hope to get one, i noticed an Armourlite pro AL45-B on sales for a super low $209.

That really got me thinking. $600 for the Traser or only $200 for the Armourlite that typically sells for slightly less than the Traser.

Any advice on either of these?

Now, my other concern is the size difference. I have very small wrists and all these large watches are just not an option. The Traser is only 40mm while the Armourlite appears to be 45mm and 3mm thicker. To big for small wrists?

I believe both are blue tritium which is what I'm after but not sure about the Armourlite.

Thank you,

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
Basing only on size, I would get the 40mm if I were you.

I have an 8.5-9 inch wrist and a 45-50mm watch fits me perfectly.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
depends...if the case is made from polly ( plastic) and has curved lugs...you should be able to wear it even with sub 7" wrist...chicks do it...wear 45mm. they call it boy friend watch...

if it is polly it will be light weight...

DEEP BLUE has a polly case tube watch sapphire crystal...with the 40% X-MAS CODE...will be sub 2 hondo

·
Super Moderator
10,637 Posts
It's a tough one from what you're saying. On the one hand you actually have had you're on on the Traser, but the Armourlite sounds like a great deal ! :eek:

The only thing I can say is maybe lean toward the Armourlite, BUT see if you can wait for the Traser to maybe go on sale this Black Friday/Cyber Monday somewhere. :)

..If it doesn't though, the Armourlite with it's size, and all sounds like a great alternative. ...Good luck, and keep us posted if you can, or want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I looked at the armourlite on amazon and the painted numbers on the bezel look horrible. I never had luck with painted bezels, the paint always falls off. And that whole watch is painted, even the buttons. It will chip, no?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
If your hurting for funds and can live without a chronograph grab a carnival blue tritium, they are 40mm and have sapphire crystal. Sell for less than 100$ that's mine on the bottom. I paid 83$ I love it. uploadfromtaptalk1448666701811.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1448666721828.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1448666757816.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a nice watch for the price. Was looking for chrono though and such a clasic look bit i will consider this one. Problem is the chrono watches are just too large. Howvis the quality though? Obviously, it cant be swiss as it states on dial for that price but does look decent.

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
There's a YouTube review under carnival tritium watch. I would say for the price there's nothing close. The bracelet, while solid links and endlinks is only adjustable by removing links so getting a perfect fit is hit or miss. No screw down crown but it snaps closed good and does not get caught on sleeve's or anything. The bracelet is heavy, the watch itself not as heavy as others. Mine is about 7 seconds fast a month, sposed to be a ronda movement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts