Watch Freeks banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just backed this. Been looking to add a pvd diver to my collection.

My first kickstarter, although I view this more as a preorder. I have this thing about not doing Kickstarter because most times you have no idea who you're backing, in this case I know Trintec has been around for quite awhile.

I've been liking the latest dial designs Trintec has been putting out, but the square BandR cases were a bit too aggressive and large for my tastes. This one really hits a sweet spot both in price, specs, and size. The $179 USD Kickstarter Price was too affordable to pass up. (KS Page has $239, but that is CAD)

States ship date is June 2016. So if they keep to that schedule, I just bought myself my Birthday present for next year :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/683489033/the-copilot-aggressively-styled-aviator-tool-watch?ref=newest

Trintec Zulu 01 Copilot

FEATURES:

Stainless Steel Case with Sand Blasted Finish
Solid Wrist Pins with Real Screws
Screw Down Case Back
Seiko NH35A Hacking Movement with Date
Sapphire Crystal AR Coating
Water Resistant to 20 ATM
Precision 120 Click Unidirectional Ratchet Style Bezel
Super Luminova on Dial and Hands
Date Display
Alloy Movement Holder
Screw Down Crown
Silicone Rubber Band with Additional Black Military Style Watch Band
One Year Warranty
DIMENSIONS:

Watch Dimensions: 42 mm x 42 mm (1.65 in)
Bezel Diameter: 43 mm (1.7 in)
Distance Between Lugs: 22 mm (0.9 in)
Watch Case Length: 54 mm (2.1 in)
Thickness: 15 mm (0.6 in)
Weight: 120 g

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a video on their Zulu 7 to give you an idea of the quality Trintec puts out.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I have a review that will be live in a day or two on the ZULU 07 above. They do put out good quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
754 Posts
This one will be hard to say no to. A pilot with a diver feel, hacking winding Seiko, flashlight Lume, 42mm (on the small side of my sweet spot) but big lug to lug to hug my wrist with a curved design on the bottom.
Yes please !

Reactions: zaskar36

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
It's very bold!
I like it. :)

Reactions: zaskar36

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Backed this as well a couple days ago, simply too good a deal to pass up.
The PVD looks fantastic :)

Chris
Don't be shy next time Chris. Post a new thread if you see something you like and if it hasn't been posted yet. Cuz dood, if I had missed out on this, I would've had to come after you.
Luckily that didn't happen, so we're all good.
:smile-thumb:

Just noticed, the project is 200% funded and they even added 25 more slots to the black pvd version.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just happened upon a post on FB followed the link and backed it from there, i was on my phone at work :) so couldn't do a thread until i got home.
Glad you got in on it though, definitely too good a deal to miss.
I'll certainly remember to start a thread next time i spot something cool :)
I haven't really come on here much since joining as you can see by my post count:( i'm more active on WUS, it's pretty cool here though so i think i'll visit more often:)

Chris

·
Registered
80 Posts
I still can't believe how good a deal this is, be even better if I liked rubber wave straps and the zulu was longer, but you can't have everything eh :)

Chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts