Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember a few weeks back I mentioned that I would be looking for a couple of my old watches that I grew up with? I got more than what I intended to but still can't locate the quartz Orient diver. I'm ecstatic about these of which my parents and I have no much idea on. I am hoping some of you experts here would shed some much needed lights.

Hope this is the right subforum.

Leaving in my 65 as size reference. Dad's Seiko Turtle 6309—7040, my 1st auto watch Citizen with blue dial (I now know why I am biased towards blue dial) and mom's Pagol. A few more others.

Citizen - front dial, still ticking but can't manually change the date. Anyone knows the issue?

Citizen - rear case, anyone know the details of this model?

Mom's Pagol - front dial, anyone know of this model?

Mom's Pagol - rear case

Dad's Seiko Turtle 6309-7040

Dad's Pagol - Also needs info on this

More to come like smaller than my Citizen that looks similar, mom's Rado and my Mickey Mouse watch with Swiss Movement, dustproof which I wore around 5yo in the 80s.

Thanks for looking and any info is very much appreciated due to my limited knowledge.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
"Remember" i do, and i'm glad You could get them and post pics. That has to be one of the older Oris i've seen pics of. Love the Turtle too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Remember" i do, and i'm glad You could get them and post pics. That has to be one of the older Oris i've seen pics of. Love the Turtle too.
That Oris is the reissue model which I got it in Dec last year.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll post more pics when I return from vacation which is ending very soon.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
That original Seiko Turtle is very cool.

Very cool that you've got watches from your youth. I wish I had mine (even though I know they would have no monetary value).

·
Registered
389 Posts
So, looking up Pagol, they have Swiss ETA movements and we're aimed at Asian markets. Probably to take on Seiko 5 series watches.

Most that I have found are manual wind... This I like. Are those both manual?

The citizen possibly has a gear for the date misaligned. Does it change during the PM/am stage?

Those are great watches. I'm glad you found items you grew up with.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That original Seiko Turtle is very cool.

Very cool that you've got watches from your youth. I wish I had mine (even though I know they would have no monetary value).
Yeah...... It's the sentimental value.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, looking up Pagol, they have Swiss ETA movements and we're aimed at Asian markets. Probably to take on Seiko 5 series watches.

Most that I have found are manual wind... This I like. Are those both manual?

The citizen possibly has a gear for the date misaligned. Does it change during the PM/am stage?

Those are great watches. I'm glad you found items you grew up with.
I'm not sure about whether the Pagols are manual wind as both don't run anymore. Hope it will be worthwhile to have them serviced/repaired.

The citizen works after winding it. The date does change.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts